Guaranteed Lowest Prices on Hurtigruten Cruises
Hurtigruten is sometimes referred to as the Norwegian Coastal Express. The 11 coastal ships sail almost the entire length of the country, completing the round-trip journey from Bergen to Kirkenes and back again in 12 days, calling 34 ports. The trip along the Norwegian coast has been described as the "World's Most Beautiful Sea Voyage." Hurtigruten's explorer ships MS Fram, MS Midnatsol and MS Nordstjernen offer Explorer voyages to Antarctica, Greenland, Iceland, Spitsbergen and Europe. In addition MS Midnatsol crosses the Atlantic Ocean twice every year.
Hurtigruten Cruises Promotions
For our best price on this cruise please call now 1-800-627-3753
Learn More About Hurtigruten Cruises
In business since 1893, Hurtigruten operates premium exploration voyages to Norway, Greenland, Spitsbergen, Iceland, Europe, Africa, South America, Central America, Arctic Canada, and Antarctica. These are unique destinations where the natural beauty is matched only by the breathtaking beauty and stunning diversity of its wilderness, inhabitants, flora, and fauna. On all of the small ships in our fleet you will find modern facilities and equipment designed specifically to sail in remote areas. On our year-round, daily voyages along the coast of Norway, Hurtigruten can deliver an experience second to none. The Hurtigruten (‘Hurtig’ = express, ‘ruten’ = route) ships have been a hallmark of the Norwegian coast for over 120 years. Each Norwegian Coastal Voyage is a purposeful voyage providing a transportation lifeline between cities and villages while exploring stunning fjords and UNESCO World Heritage sites along the more than 1,000 miles of Norway’s pristine coastal waterway. This mix of immersive local encounters, spectacular scenery, and utterly unique and diverse shore activities provides an unmatched opportunity to experience and explore the beauty and charm of Norway and its people. As Norwegian, exploration is in our DNA. Our Explorer Voyages go beyond the realm of other cruise lines, providing closer encounters and expertise on journeys that will exceed your customers’ expectations. Hurtigruten’s unique heritage, combined with highly skilled crews and a diverse fleet consisting of nimble, intimately-scaled expedition ships, enable us to offer guests breathtaking nature-based experiences in some of the most exciting corners of the world.
Hygiene and Safety Protocols - Hurtigruten Cruises
Be assured that Hurtigruten always follow all safety guidelines as recommended by the Norwegian government. One reason for this confidence in us is because we already have exceptionally high hygiene procedures in place:
- As normal service resumes, Hurtigruten will be reducing the overall number of guests on ships, giving you plenty of space around you when aboard.
- In Hurtigruten's roomy restaurants, they are adding more seating sessions so that there will be fewer people having their meals there at any time.
- Instead of self-service buffets, the chefs will serve food directly to your individual plate.
- The kitchen will continue to uphold its usual high standards of hygiene and quality.
Strict cleaning practices on board
Count on us to already have a range of strict cleaning practices on board, with the cleanness of each ship also continuously monitored. Regular microbiological samples are taken and sent off to laboratories for testing and they use UV light to check surfaces in cabins, galleys and public areas.
Independent inspectors are invited to conduct scheduled and unannounced visits to all the ships several times a year. The excellent hygiene on board the ships is not something they leave to chance. It is the result of effective controls that have proven themselves time and again over decades of safe sailing.
In addition to this,
- Each ship will have a new team dedicated to ensuring communal areas are continually cleaned and disinfected.
- There will be limited use of saunas, swimming pools and gyms.
- Hurtigruten will also have appropriate markings on the ships to help keep a safe distance from others whenever queuing on board.
Staff and your well-being
- They have all recently completed the WHO’s official COVID-19 course for hygiene procedures and infection management.
- Before starting work, every member of the crew undergoes a health check.
- They have thorough first-aid training and can quickly contact healthcare professionals should any medical need arise.