Silversea Cruises January 2021
Save up to 75% on Silversea cruises
Silver Sea Cruise Line is known as the gold standard in luxury cruising because of its legendary European lifestyle and global reach of destinations. There was one respected Italian jurist and maritime law professor, his idea was to generate a new class of elite vessels designed with more space for guests and provide them highest level of luxury personalized service. Silver Sea Cruise Line is a cruise with different and unique niche to the luxury cruise market. Travelers may experience adventurous voyages that include ocean-view suites, amazing culinary experience, and service with a crew-to-guest ratio of nearly one-to-one. Silver Sea is launching three new ultra luxury cruises: Silver Dawn is due to join the fleet in 2021, two Evolution class ships will join the fleet in 2023 and 2024 respectively. They work with a global portfolio of itineraries to all seven continents and over 900 destinations worldwide. Silver Sea Cruise Line's headquarters are based in Monaco, and its branch offices are in Germany, Australia, United Kingdom and United States With cruise line volume buys plus our low everyday prices you can save up to 80% versus the brochure price! Book your Silversea cruise today with AffordableTours.com, your discounted cruise headquarters.
Silversea Travel Guide
Sorry, we were unable to find a cruise for you.
If you've not chosen a criteria, then please do so; otherwise you need to broaden your search criteria to find matches.
Silversea Cruises Highlights
- Silver Sea Cruise Company is 26 years old luxury Cruise Company that was founded by the Vlasov Group and Lefebvre Family. The company is based in Monaco and its ships have been cruising in the oceans since its debut on 2nd April 1994.
- This cruise company is a luxury brand that was acquired by Royal Caribbean, conglomerate of cruise lines, in the year 2020. Royal Caribbean group is known as one of the largest cruise lines holding company with the ownership of many other cruise lines including, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruise, Azamara Cruises and majority shareholding in TUI cruises and Holistica.
- Silver Sea cruises started its endeavors in the cruising industry with its one and only ship called Silver Cloud. This was a small ship that took cruises in all over the world and made Silver Sea cruise able to increase its fleet with a couple of more ships.
- Silver Sea currently has a great fleet of almost 11 ships. The fleet has two classes of ships, one is a cruise class and the other one is an expedition class. Cruise class of Silver Sea Cruises has almost 6 ships which all carry the flag of Bahamas. Expedition class of this cruise has almost 5 ships. Ships in the expedition class are smaller than the ships in Cruise class but they are capable of sailing to many far flung regions on earth.
- The company is planning to acquire 3 more midsized ships in the years 2021, 2022 and 2023 respectively. The latter two ships are going to form a new class of ships called the Evolution class and the names of those ships are not disclosed yet, but it is confirmed that Meyer Werft is building those two ships.
- This cruise company offers trips to almost every port of the World, around the year. You can visit any region including Africa, Asia, Europe, Alaska, West Coast America, Australia, Mediterranean Sea, South Pacific and many more that you can think of.
- Their cruises offer a variety of traveling options for their customers. They offer packages that provide discounts for those who book a cruise early, book a deluxe suite or for those who are going to off season destination. These discounts provide great opportunity for those travelers who want to enjoy a luxury cruise at a low cost.
- A usual itinerary of a Silver Sea Cruise is almost 10 to 20 days long. Their average cruises have a longer duration of other cruises because they want to include as many ports as possible during a single cruise so that their passengers can take a taste of every flavor that comes their way.
- Silver Sea Cruises has been awarded several times for its exceptional service. Recently they won the Best Cruise Line - Asia award and Best Specialist Cruise line Award. These awards are given by some of the most reputed platforms in the industry like Gold Travvy Awards and Cruise Critic Cruiser's Choice.
- They have carefully designed Land programs that you can opt for to have an amazing experience during your land excursions as well. These land programs will give you an opportunity to dive deep into the cultures and traditions of these destinations.
Silversea Cruises Travel Tips
- Silver Sea Cruise Line is good with their service they have in-room fridge that includes all your needs for alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. It means you are most welcomed to have any soft drink and alcoholic drink without exception of any bill. They have an amazing environment in beverage terms that includes morning cappuccino, cocktails, soft drinks, fresh juices and mineral water.
- This company has very honest and hardworking butlers team who always take care of their customers comfort and sees them that everything is available for them. This is the basic and important key part as it is necessary that you provide your customers a comfort zone so that they can enjoy their trip.
- Silver Sea Cruise Lines added the latest instrument and trick to their ships. The main reasons to visit this Silver Sea Cruise Line is to actually see the sea and feel connected with maritime and stare for hours and enjoy the view.
- Silver Sea Cruise Line never promises you to have this or that as they always prefer quality. They have the best cuisine and they make sure to give you different varieties and their main preference is to look after their quality. This cruise company ensures you by providing best and fine cuisine.
- Silver Sea Cruise Line accommodation is best among all as they provide an exclusive level of comfort for everyone. In other cruises top level accommodations on each ship is its Owner's or Penthouse Suits but this cruise line provides an easy going level of all-suite accommodations throughout, no matter which suit you choose they have same decent furniture, marble bathroom, luxury creature comforts and beautiful amenities etc.
- With the changing dynamics of the cruise industry most of the travelers who take the cruise these days tend to have a more refined and knowledgeable experience about the destinations where the cruise will stop. Silver Sea Cruise Line has also been very keen in adopting to these changing dynamics and in order to facilitate this change in the guest's behavior by incorporating a lot of different excursions on its destinations so that the guests with this new mind set can get what they want out of their cruise experience.
- Nowadays people are more into fashion and adopting new trends, they love to spend time with themselves and spending lots of money on their beauty products. Silver Cruise Line has invested a lot of resources into their spas. There you can have a comfort level of experience where you can relax and have massages and forget all the worries.
- Silver Sea Cruise Line introduced their ship Silver Cloud in 1994, it carried 290 passengers and 209 crew with its space ratio of 56.7, after that then they introduced their bigger ship named Silver Moon, that carry everything twice with a space ratio of 68.4 with more different improvements and luxurious style.
- Silver Sea Cruise Line has always worked with innovative ideas for different cruises as they introduced S.A.L.T (SEA AND LAND TASTE) program that provides a range of immersive regional dining experiences. Silver Moon has its first S.A.L.T kitchen restaurant with a wide range and variety of menu as they provide you best quality with good quantity and regionally inspired wine list.
Silversea Cruises Things To Do
- Silver Sea Cruise Line targets mainly to newcomers that are completely new to Silver Sea and first time cruising. People who are traveling first time on any cruise have the money and time to travel, so this company provides them a luxury cruise with a wide range of variety in cuisine, services, maritime life, luxurious accommodations with stylized furniture, knowledgeable experience with destinations includes (culture and traditions), spa etc.
Silver Sea Cruise Line is best for adults as it provides them a luxury vacation at sea and they also provide them everything in best quality without sacrificing any luxury. They have long cruises that explore many of the world's wonders. They have two formal nights where you can have sophisticated entertainment and cocktails. Dresses for women and tuxedos or dark suits are recommended for men.
Silversea Cruises Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of trips can I take with you?
They have a lot of varieties in their trips and they provide cruises to more than 900 destinations. From Asia to Antarctica they have all sorts of itineraries available. Their trips range in between 5 days to more than 50 days. You can select any kind of cruise that you like, from their website.
How much would a tour cost?
Due to the variety in the cruises it is pertinent to mention here that you cannot just quote a single average price. Although, you can do that as well, that wouldn't be a very viable option. The prices vary upon a lot of factors including the number of days that you are spending on the cruise, distance of destination ports, number of destination ports and the price of each extra service that you have added to the package. These extra services may include private land tours and the type of the stateroom that you have selected. On average per person price for a ten days long cruise to Bangkok is $4,500 for the most basic package. This price will definitely increase as you start to customize the cruise.
Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
If you have a customized cruise where you have selected all the land excursions by yourself, then you can definitely take the tour guide with your family because while customizing your cruise you will see many different land excursions that will include private sightseeing tours. But do remember that these land excursions are not included in the package and there is a separate, per person, price for these tours.
Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
They have a very dedicated team of customer support agents which are there to resolve any queries that you have and you can certainly talk to these agents to get guidance about the cruise before booking your trip. They may know a lot of things about the trip that are probably not available on the website.
Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
Yes, you can call their helpline at any time that you want. This cruise company promises to provide prompt customer support and your queries will be solved in no time.
What do the guides do for you?
The tour guides by the Silver Sea Cruises are fluent in English and are mostly the locals of the destination port that you are visiting. Their main job is to guide you about the local culture and traditions of the destination but they are also there to take you to the famous tourist spots in the area and make you try the local cuisine as well.
Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
Their staff is one of the most well qualified and well trained in the cruise industry. They conduct a number of trainings for their staff to be well equipped with latest skills that are requires to be the specialist in their field and be on step ahead of their competition.
What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through Silver Sea Cruises?
Silver Sea Cruises is not just a conventional cruise company that takes cruise between one destination to another but they have two classes of ships, one for those who want to explore cultures and one for those who would like to have some adventure. With Silver Sea Cruises you have an option to either go on regular cruise to one of its 900 destinations or you can opt to go on a expedition to many distant and hard to reach places like the Antarctica. They provide pole to pole itineraries for those who want to go an extra mile to satisfy their love for exploration.
Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
Their itineraries are well customized by their experts but if you want to try different destinations than the usual ones available in the cruise then you can also customize your own itinerary to have a more luxurious experience to the ports of your choice.
Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
You can stay in the most high end hotels at your destination ports with Silver Sea Cruises. This company promises to provide you the most luxurious and comfortable accommodation not just on the sea but on the shore as well.
Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
Silver Sea Cruises tries its best to accommodate all kinds of travelers by allowing them to travel on their cruises at a very nominal price. Every year they provide a number of cruises where you don't have to pay any single supplement fee. However if you plan on going to a regular cruise then there may be single supplement charge that you have to pay.
On average, what is the group size like?
The group size on average is about 20 to 36 but if you book a separate land tour while you were booking your cruise then it will totally depend on how many people are there on your selected land tour.
Learn More About Silversea Cruises
- Baltra, Galapagos Cruises (46)
- San Cristobal, Ecuador Cruises (44)
- Ushuaia, Argentina Cruises (39)
- Athens (Piraeus), Greece Cruises (30)
- Venice, Italy Cruises (23)
- Barcelona, Spain Cruises (22)
- Singapore, Singapore Cruises (20)
- Lisbon, Portugal Cruises (19)
- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Cruises (18)
- Civitavecchia, Italy Cruises (18)
- Bridgetown, Barbados Cruises (16)
- Seward, Alaska Cruises (16)
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
1. Free Quote
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
2. Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
3. Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
4. Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!