Save up to 75% on Oceania Cruises
Oceania Cruises will provide the highest quality cruise product for mature and discerning travelers by offering the finest culinary experience at sea, authentic destination experiences, and a warm and luxurious ambiance on every voyage. Combining a casually sophisticated onboard experience with the most alluring destinations around the world, Oceania provides guests with a truly extraordinary travel experience.
Oceania Cruises Promotions
Learn More About Oceania Cruises
Ocean Cruises is a cruise operating company which was founded in the year 2002. It is one of the very few ocean cruises which were formed in the 21st century when the competition in the ocean cruise industry was already on the peak. The company was created by some of the very big names in the cruise industry like Frank Del Rio, Joe Watters, and Bob Binder. Oceania offers some of the finest services on water and on land. Their small but luxurious ships offer a much-defined experience for those who are seeking an elegant way of traveling in the sea. They have a motto of doing everything the R.I.T.E way which stands for Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Excellence. The fleet of Oceania Cruises is very exclusive and these ships are famous for offering very delicious cuisines to their guests and they also offer cooking classes onboard which is inspired by Master Chef Jacques Pepin.
- Oceania Cruises is a relatively new cruise company in the market with experience of over 18 years of cruising in the ocean. This cruise ship company is wholly owned by the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings. NCLH also owns the third-largest ocean cruise company called Norwegian Cruises.
- Oceania is a cruise company that mostly has itineraries which last for around 10 - 14 days. This means that Oceania is a purposely small cruise company which is a good option for casual travelers. But they also have some cruises that have longer itineraries of almost 200 days.
- This cruise company operates six cruise ships in its fleet. These six ships of Oceania cruises take travelers all around the world. And this company of six ocean cruises has its headquarters in, like most other cruise companies, Miami.
- The company started off with smaller operations and no cruise ships of its own. During the initial years, this company only operated chartered ships and saw some tough years initially when its chartered ships were acquired by some other company and they had no vessels to operate.
- Oceania Cruises has seen a lot of gradual growth since its inception. At first, there were mostly only a few chartered ships and then they gave an order for two ships to be constructed for Oceania and in 2014 the decision of acquiring Oceania Cruises was made by Norwegian Cruise Lines Holdings. This gave Oceania Cruise a lot of boom because NCLH is a very experienced cruise line company and helped Oceania Cruises became a very well known name in the market.
- This company currently has 3 classes of ships. Out of these 3 classes, 2 are operational and have ships that are currently in service for Oceania. While the third class of ships is a future class and includes prospective ships that will probably join the Oceania fleet in near future.
- Oceania Cruises offers itineraries to several destinations around the world Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Middle East, Europe, South America, and Canada. Not only this but Oceania Cruises also offers itineraries for those who are into going on adventures, to places like Antarctica and their World Cruises are especially for those who want to see the whole world in one go.
- Their ships are quite small and are a good way to relax for those travelers who don't like the usually overcrowded large ships of most ocean cruise lines. These small ships mean that there is more staff per person ratio on each ship. This is because there are fewer staterooms in those ships and can carry very less passengers.
- Oceania Cruises is famous for its food. They are known for the cuisine that they offer on their ships. They usually offer destinations based cuisine and you can eat anything according to the destination you are visiting.
- Their itineraries are very small in duration usually but they offer a luxurious way of traveling in the Ocean which is why the price may be a little high for some. They also take cruises in the rivers a lot so that you don't miss out on those beautiful destination points which are not accessible directly by the ocean.
- Age Policy
- Dining Information
- Fuel Surcharge Policy
- Health and Safety
- Payments / Refunds
- Smoking Policy
- Travel Protection
- Tipping Policy
- Why Oceania?
Top Reasons To Choose Oceania Cruises
- Oceania Cruises offers very nice staterooms. They are the most welcoming and you will feel like you are at home the moment you enter your cabin. More than two-third of the rooms on Oceania's ships have balconies in them and you can enjoy a nice view of sailing over the ocean from your rooms. Almost all of the staterooms have breakfast tables in them so in case if you don't wish to go out to the dining area to have breakfast then you can easily order your food in the room and have your breakfast in the comfort of your own cabin.
- They offer really elegant dining halls where the ambiance compliments the delicious cuisine very well. Oceania gives extra importance to the food on the cruise and that is why they have appointed the legendary Master Chef Jacques Pepin as the Executive Director of their culinary and the best thing about having such a legend as the ship's culinary head is that you get to taste some awesome signature cuisines of his during your trip.
- Your experience with Oceania will be enhanced by the little things that they do for you to have a good time. They have a nice lounge where the waiters roll out the evening tea every day at 4 o'clock. Even those who don't like tea that much are a fan of Oceania Cruises' this service because it's not just about the tea but it's the atmosphere in those halls that give you the vibes that will make you come to this place every evening.
- They offer great facilities for those who don't like to miss a day at the gym even on a vacation. They have gyms that have all the facilities for cardio and weight training. You can also do yoga in one of the yoga spaces available to you at the gym of the ship. If you were thinking that is enough to carry on your fitness routine on your cruise then be informed that this is not all you also have Pilates and indoor cycling classes on the ships for you.
- The Spa on Oceania is well worth it and is a must visit while your time on the cruise. It is a great way to freshen up yourself and help you have some relief from that seasickness you might have if this is your first time on the cruise. Spa at Oceania is not just a mini Spa that most ships have with a few options but they have all kinds of massages from Thai massage to detox body wraps.
- The ships of Oceania cruises may be smaller than other ocean cruise ships but they still offer plenty of space for their travelers. There are a lot of lounges for you to sit and relax or socialize with other travelers and make new friends. Their libraries are cozy and offer the book lovers plenty of space to enjoy a book while sitting on the leather sofa by the warm and elegant fireplace.
- Oceania Cruises offer a five-star cruising experience and because their fleet is small they have a lot of room to focus on the exclusive experience the passengers will have on their cruises. They are known to be the largest cruise company in the upper premium category of cruises.
- The interior of all the ships in Oceania Cruises' fleet is very classy and the design will really take your breath away. The fine details on the woodwork are really flawless. While cruising with Oceania Cruises you can feel that everything on the ship has been made with a lot of effort and hard work just for it to make you feel good.
- Oceania Cruises offer cruises to over 400 destinations. These destinations are well scattered in the entire World so that you have an option to take a tour of any part of the World with Oceania. This also implies that there many destination points on Oceania's itineraries that may be secluded and you can enjoy private trips to many of such destinations.
- There are a lot of entertainment options onboard an Oceania's ships. These facilities are there to give you a good time for a longer journey in the sea. To make your vacation a memorable one Oceania gives you an option to visit the casino, watch shows at their theaters or just have a good game of paddle tennis on the cruise.
Frequently Asked Questions About Oceania Cruises
- What kind of trips can I take with you?
Oceania has multiple kinds of trips for their customers and these trips are mostly segregated on the basis of the regions that you will be visiting. They take you to trips into a lot of different regions including but not limited to Asia, Europe, Africa, the Caribbean, the Americas, and Australia. Most of their trips have short duration of stay and some have longer durations as well.
- How much would a tour cost?
The cost of travelling with Oceania Cruises depends on the number of your destinations and the length of your stay on your trip. They have a lot of similar itineraries that offer cruise to two or three different destination points with an average stay of almost ten days. These itineraries are really good for people who want to premium cruise experience at a very a budget friendly price. The average price for a basic stateroom for such cruises is $1500. They are for a single person in a double occupancy stateroom. These prices don't include the airfare to and from you embarkation or disembarkation points.
- Can I take my family with the guide and not be stuck with other people?
Tour guides are in a very limited number on the cruise and that is why Oceania Cruises will give you an option of choosing your on shore excursion at an extra price before you book a cruise with them. You can pay this price to get yourself an excursion that includes a private tour guide for you and your family.
- Can I tell the agent what I want out of the trip?
Yes, you can call the support center of Oceania Cruises and inform the agent about your requirements for the trip and they can guide you whether they will be able to do what you want them to do or not. This will also help you to clear any misconceptions that you might have about your trips.
- Do they have support that can help me regardless of what time?
You can call the company representatives on weekdays but if you want to contact them at any day of the week regardless of what it is than you can do that by visiting their website and by filling the query form that they have made available there for you.
- What do the guides do for you?
The guides are there for you to have a really good trip on the shore. Since most of the destinations that you visit, might not have English as their mode of communications and the tour guides of Oceania cruises are often local to these destinations, they will help you communicate easily with the local people of those destinations.
- Do they have specialists that are working in each place?
Yes, Oceania Cruises has a very high standard for hiring resources and they only take those onboard who are experts and well qualified for the positions. Their team is very hardworking and friendly and they always try their best to give travelers a very good time. The staff of Oceania Cruises has helped this company rise to the new heights in the cruising industry with their untiring efforts.
- What type of way can you travel when you are traveling through Oceania Cruises?
You can travel by taking a cruise liner in the ocean, which is the primary way of traveling when you are booking your vacation with Oceania Cruises. They also have other ways of traveling like you can take the cruise in the rivers if your package includes destinations that have ports on river banks. They have adventurous tours to Antarctica as well to provide you a very different form of cruising.
- Who customizes the itinerary or things you are going to do ahead of time?
The itineraries of Oceania Cruises are updated from time to time considering the weather and political situations of the destinations because these itineraries are customized way ahead of time they want to make sure that your journey stays safe and comfortable. They have a team of dedicated staff to do this job of customizing new itineraries almost every year.
- Where do you stay while you are at the destinations?
Oceania Cruises will let you stay at very nice and decent hotels during your stops at the destinations. The standard excursion packages included in the itinerary offer very nice and clean hotels for your stay at the destinations but if you are looking for something more luxurious than you can get yourself a different excursion package that has nicer hotels.
- Is there a single supplement that can be used for travelers who are solo?
All the ships of Oceania have double occupancy and you have to pay some sort of single supplement if you are traveling alone but there are singles packages that are offered from time to time to save you some money on single supplements if you are solo traveler and want a reasonable price for the cruise.
- On average, what is the group size like?
The group size varies from destination to destination and for standard trips on shore the group can be as big as 30 people depending on the number of travelers and availability of tour guides.
Health and Safety Protocols on Oceania Cruises
Oceania Cruises is working hand in hand with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and federal governments globally to develop, implement and continually evolve industry-leading standards that will meet or exceed all requirements once those have been finalized by them. This current outline of standards covers all aspects of onboard and shoreside operations to ensure the continuous well-being of guests and crew.
CONTINUOUS SHIP-WIDE DISINFECTION & DAILY FOGGING
Oceania's 24/7 prevention schedule will feature continuous disinfection of public areas and high-traffic touch points as well as daily fogging of all staterooms, suites, public spaces, and guest corridors. The fogging process utilizes a hospital-grade oxidant that is natural, safe, and non-toxic. Guest staterooms and suites will receive intensive microbial disinfection daily, which includes fogging of the entire space inclusive of bathrooms and closets.
ALL NEW HOSPITAL-GRADE AIR FILTRATION SYSTEM
New, upgraded HVAC systems will incorporate the latest advances to be superior to those found in land-based resorts. Each ship will utilize fresh-air induction and be equipped with the highest-tier HEPA 13 hospital-grade filters for all accommodations and public spaces.
NO-TOUCH FOOD SERVICE
No-touch food and beverage service is being implemented across all ships with service staff stationed ship-wide, including Terrace Café, Baristas, Horizons, and the Executive and Concierge Lounges. Of course, all guests will be required to engage in frequent handwashing and hand sanitizer will be prominently placed and easily accessible throughout the ship.
INCREASED SOCIAL DISTANCING
To provide even more space for responsible social distancing, Oceania Cruises has reduced shipboard guest capacity. Reduced seating in entertainment venues, smaller group sizes for shore excursions, culinary classes, and onboard activities, along with increased spacing in dining venues, provide for effective social distancing practices.
THE HIGHEST STANDARDS FOR STAFF & CREW HEALTH
A healthy staff and crew help ensure healthy guests. Constant monitoring of staff and crew health includes testing of crew members, temperature checks multiple times per day as well as rigid sanitation and hygiene protocols.
ENHANCED MEDICAL TEAMS & HEALTH SERVICES
Oceania is expanding their medical teams to provide an industry-leading Medical Staff-to-Guest ratio on board each of their ships. Enhanced onboard medical centers are abundantly stocked with common prescription medications, remedies, and the latest virus-testing equipment. All medical centers will have the ability to perform FDA- and CDC-approved PCR Point of Care testing. Complimentary consultations and treatments are provided for respiratory illnesses and each ship is equipped with dedicated isolation accommodations should the unlikely need arise.
DEDICATED PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER
Each ship will have a dedicated Public Health Officer on board, responsible for the oversight of all sanitation and outbreak prevention initiatives. Additionally, they will monitor the day-to-day cleanliness of all public areas and accommodations, maintaining compliance with the CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program. They will work hand in hand with the ship’s medical team on board as well as the corporate Public Health and Medical departments shoreside.
Your Health Ashore
Oceania is partnering with local destinations and tour operators to ensure industry-leading health and sanitation protocols extend to the shoreside experience. Embarkation terminals, tour coaches, and the attractions Oceania visits must meet or exceed the stringent protocols they employ on board to ensure the continued health and safety of the guests and crew.
Minimum Age Policy on Oceania Cruises
Infants must be one year of age as of the first day of the cruise. Guests traveling with a young infant that does not meet the infant policy will be denied boarding. no refunds or other compensation shall be due from Oceania Cruises to anyone as a result of the denial of boarding to an underage infant or any accompanying guests. Any guest under the age of 18 must be accompanied by and occupy the same stateroom as an adult 18 years or older. Oceania Cruises does not provide for the care, entertainment or supervision of children.
Alcohol Policy: The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to guests aged 21 years or older. Oceania Cruises will refuse and prohibits the sale or service of alcoholic beverages to guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are kindly reminded to consume alcohol in moderation. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption onboard the vessel.
Travel Protection Options on Oceania Cruises
We strongly recommend that all guests purchase comprehensive Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance to cover the full purchase price of the cruise as well as air and/or land program costs. Your travel agent can provide additional information about Oceania Cruises' insurance program, which has been specially designed and economically priced exclusively for Oceania's guests.
Dining on Oceania Cruises
Bars and Lounges
Waves Pool Bar
Grand Dining Room
Tapas on the Terrace
Reservations for the Polo Grill and Toscana are required, and may be made with the M'atre d'Hotel each day as listed in Oceania Currents. Reservations are accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not needed for The Grand Dining Room, Tapas on the Terrace or Terrace Cafe.
For the comfort and convenience of all Guests, the onboard ambiance is casual but elegant throughout the cruise and country club and resort-style attire is appropriate for both men and women. We do ask that Guests refrain from wearing shorts, jeans, t-shirts or tennis shoes for evening meals in all of the restaurants. Bathing suits without a cover-up should not be worn in any of the indoor restaurants. Attire ashore is recommended to be casual and comfortable and Oceania's place a particular emphasis on appropriate footwear, including good walking shoes and in some destinations, reef-walkers and beach sandals. Some tourist sites may require specific attire. Please consult with the Destination Services desk for more information.
Fuel Surcharge Policy on Oceania Cruises
Oceania Cruises has eliminated its fuel surcharge for all new bookings. Oceania will refund the fuel supplement in the form of an on-board credit for all 2009 bookings within the final payment period. All existing 2009 bookings outside of the final payment period will be adjusted to remove the fuel supplement and Oceania will revise the final payment amount. Oceania has reserved the right to reinstate the fuel surcharge, based on the price of light sweet crude with different parameters.
Tipping Policy on Oceania Cruises
How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience, gratuities of $15.00 per guest, per day are automatically added to your shipboard account. An additional $4.00 per guest, per day will be added for guests occupying Penthouse, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities at their sole discretion.
Payments / Refunds on on Oceania Cruises
The per person, per cruise deposit required to secure your reservation is $750 and must be received within 7 days of your initial reservation. Payment of deposit means acceptance of the full terms and conditions contained within the Guest Ticket/ Contract that apply to your reservation. Final balance due must be received no later than 150 days prior to cruise departure for Cruises of 20 days or longer and 90 days prior to cruise departure for all other cruises as indicated below, together with passport details and any special onboard service requests; otherwise, booking may be subject to immediate cancellation. American Express, MasterCard, Visa, travel agency checks and personal checks are accepted for deposits and full payments. For your convenience, your Final Payment may be automatically charged to the credit card used to make the initial deposit. Oceania Cruises accepts no responsibility for credit card foreign currency/transaction processing fees independently assessed by issuing banks. None of these fees separately charged by the issuing banks accrues to the benefit of Oceania Cruises. Third party credit card charges can only be accepted when accompanied by valid authorization to charge from the relevant card owner.
Smoking Policy on Oceania Cruises
For the safety and security of all guests and staff onboard, Designated Smoking Areas are available on Deck 9, the forward starboard corner of the Pool Deck, and Deck 10, in the aft, port corner of Horizons. These areas are comfortably furnished and conveniently located near food and beverage areas. Smoking is expressly forbidden in all Staterooms and Suites, on verandas, or in any areas of the ship other than officially Designated Smoking Areas. Smoking in a stateroom or suite or on a veranda represents a serious fire and safety hazard to all guests and staff. Guests choosing to disregard this policy will be disembarked at the next port of call and may also be subject to additional fees that will be imposed to cover the costs associated with any damage to and the required cleaning of furnishings, verandas and surrounding deck and accommodation areas. All areas other than those specified as Designated Smoking Areas will remain smoke-free. This includes all guest suites and staterooms, verandas, restaurants, public areas, the Casino and all other areas of the ship. Cigar and Pipe smoking is only permitted on the forward starboard corner of the Pool Deck.
Cruise line is great
Oceania Cruises is consistently outstanding.
Oceania Sirena is remodeled and looks fantastic. All updates were a pleasant surprise as we liked the old style too.
This was a great cruise. Wine cruise. Special wine events and a wine tasting that was excellent. We will book this cruise again sometime.
It was a wonderful holiday cruise...enjoyed every minute!