Show Acapulco Sailings
Acapulco is located on the Pacific coast in the southern part of Mexico and is a popular port of call for cruise ships. Dubbed the Pearl of the Pacific, it was the playground of the rich and famous in the 1950’s and stars like Elizabeth Taylor, Frank Sinatra, John F. Kennedy, and Judy Garland were frequent visitors. Now it is popular for both locals and Europeans alike giving the city a more international flair. With a number of improvements to infrastructure, visitors will find lots of new attractions and amenities here. It is a great place for beach lovers, those who like an active nightlife, and foodies interested in local flavor.
Things to Do
- Old Acapulco- The historical area of the city lures lots of visitors to the historic Fort of San Diego. Many cruise ships dock here, and this part of town is full of small shops, cafes, and restaurants. Gather in the main square, called the zócalo to listen to music, eat street food, and mingle with locals.
- Dorado District- Head to the popular area of the city to find resorts, happening nightclubs, lots of shopping, plus a great place for local events. The beaches are a short distance away from restaurants and hotels along the main stretch of Avenida Miguel Alemán run through the entire district.
Address: Av Costera Miguel Alemán 159, Fracc Magallanes, Magallanes, 39670 Acapulco de Juárez, Gro., Mexico
Phone: +52 744 469 3500
1.8 miles from Terminal Marítima
Crowne Plaza Acapulco
Address: Av Costera Miguel Alemán 1803, Fracc Magallanes, Magallanes, 39670 Acapulco de Juárez, Gro., Mexico
Phone: +52 744 440 5555
2.3 miles from Terminal Marítima
- The most notable historical monument in Acapulco is the Fort of San Diego. Originally built in 1616, and rebuilt in 1778 on a hilltop just east of the center of the city, it was strategically placed to protect Spanish galleons from English and Dutch privateers. Directly across from the cruise terminal, it is hard to miss. Climb up to the top and visit the Museo Histórico de Acapulco housed inside the fort with exhibits of Spanish galleons the fort once protected, as well as local history about trade with the Philippines and Mexico’s War of Independence.
- For a little peace and quiet, visit the Acapulco Botanical Gardens up in the South Sierra Madre Mountains around Acapulco. Wander through the shaded tropical forest with plenty of benches, bridges, and small pools. Observe the native and endangered plants, many with medicinal properties, while climbing up the hilly area to perhaps catch site of an iguana or two.
- See the incredible cliff divers at La Quebrada. Performing since 1934, these acrobats plunge from 1000 feet up on the cliffs above into the ocean in a narrow inlet below. They time their jumps to coincide with the incoming waves to ensure that the water is deep enough. Get on one of the viewing platforms or grab a table on the terrace at the La Perla restaurant to watch the show and enjoy panoramic views. Pro tip: Go to the last show of the day to see the divers perform with torches.
- Head over to Isla de la Roqueta for some beach time. With lots of water sports available and great snorkeling and diving in the area, this is a great place for families. Take a break from relaxing on the beach and take a glass bottomed boat tour of celebrity dwellings on the water, sea life, and catch site of the Virgen de los Mares, a statue that remains submerged.
Av. Costera Miguel Alemán s/n, Centro
39300 Acapulco de Juárez, Gro., Mexico
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!