Athens (Piraeus) Cruises
Athens (Piraeus) Cruises
Show Athens (Piraeus) Sailings
The Port of Piraeus has been the port for Athens since antiquity. Located just 9 miles from Athen's city center, it is the largest cruise port in Greece. It is also a major hub for Greek maritime trade, ferry service to the famous Greek Isles, and the merchant navy. Piraeus is steeped in ancient history and rich in archaeological wonders while incorporating a modern flair. Piraeus is also home to excellent shopping, fresh culinary adventures, and several museums.
Things to Do
- Kastella & Mikrolimano- It is the most scenic neighborhood in the Port of Piraeus with both modern and old mixed together. This area is situated on a hill, the church of Profitis Ilias at the top, with an amphitheater for concerts, and has great views of the sea. Make your way down to the Mikrolimano marina for a nice stroll to look at the fancy yachts moored nearby with access to numerous cafes, taverns, fresh seafood restaurants, and an active nightlife.
- Syntagma (Constitution) Square- This area is the heart of the city and a place for celebrations and political rallies and is full of banks, luxury hotels, and cafes. The Greek Parliament Building, formerly the Royal Palace, heads the square where you can watch the changing of the guard and then visit the Zappeion Gardens next door.
Monogram Premium Suites
Address: Praxitelous 233, Pireas 185 36, Piraeus, Greece
Phone: +30 21 0428 4580
0.9 miles from Cruise Terminal
Address: Kountouriotou 189, Pireas 185 35, Piraeus, Greece
Phone: +30 21 0429 6480
1.1 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Visit The Hellenic Maritime Museum, the largest maritime museum in Greece. Walk through the exhibits depicting the maritime activity and naval battles of the Greeks from prehistoric times to present day.
- In the heart of Athens, trek along the Archaeological Promenade to immerse yourself in the ancient history of the city. Here you’ll find the ancient area of Kerameikos with a peaceful cemetery, filled with classical sculptures and ancient city walls. Follow this path and visit important historical sites like the Parthenon and the Theatre of Dionysus.
- Bring the kids along to the Acropolis Museum at the bottom of the hill. The Acropolis Monument Conservation and Educations Section worked together to design a kid-friendly and educational program through the lending backpacks. Included in the free backpacks are all kinds of kid-friendly toys and activities to help them navigate through the museum in a fun and engaging way.
- The National Gardens, next to the Royal Palace, are a perfect place for shade and escape from the bustle of the city. Inside this large 38-acre area, visitors can find two duck ponds, a playground area for kids, a zoo, café, and a small botanical museum. Walk along the paths and enjoy beautiful flowers, plants, and the numerous ducks.
The “Big Three” dominate as the most popular football clubs in the Athens area. They are Olympiacos F.C., Panathinaikos F.C., and AEK Athens F.C.
Karaiskaki Stadium: Karaoli Dimitrioy & Sofianopoulou, 185 47 Neo Faliro, Greece
Apostolos Nikolaidis: Leof. Alexandras 160, 115 21, Athens, Greece
AEK Athens F.C.
Olympic Athletic Center of Athens: Kifisias 37, 151 23, Athens, Greece
Cruise Terminal Address & Parking
Port of Piraeus
Pireas 185 38, Greece
Parking for cruise passengers is not available at the terminal and is managed by private companies. Arrange before-hand.
Directions From Athens International Airport (ATH) To Cruise Terminals:
- Take exit POSEIDONOS INTERCHANGE from A/D PAThE/A1/E75
- Head southwest on Attiki Odos/A62- go 2.9 mi
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit K2 to merge onto Attiki Odos/A6/E94 toward ELEFSINA/ATHINA Toll road- go 15.2 mi
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 8 to merge onto A/D PAThE/A1/E75 toward PIREAS Partial toll road- go 9.9 mi
- Take exit POSEIDONOS INTERCHANGE toward PEIRAIAS- go 0.2 mi
- Continue on Leof. Posidonos to your destination- go 2.6 mi
- Merge onto Leof. Posidonos- go 0.4 mi
- Continue onto Mikras Asias- go 0.6 mi
- Continue onto Alipedou- go 0.3 mi
- Use any lane to turn left onto Eth. Antistaseos- go 75 ft
- Use any lane to turn right to stay on Eth. Antistaseos- go 138 ft
- Continue onto Dim. Gounari- go 305 ft
- Slight right to stay on Dim. Gounari- go 0.2 mi
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Akti Posidonos- go 472 ft
- Slight right onto Akti Miaouli- go 0.6 mi
- Turn right to stay on Akti Miaouli- go 0.1 mi
- Slight right- go 0.1 mi
- Follow signs for correct cruise terminal.
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!