Show Civitavecchia Sailings
Civitavecchia, meaning “ancient town,” is a major cruise and ferry port in in the central Italian region of Lazio and is rich in history. Situated only 44.3 miles northwest of Rome across the Mignone River, the harbor is formed by two piers and a breakwater, where a lighthouse sits. Civitavecchia is the main starting point for sea connection from central Italy to Sardinia, Sicily, Malta, Tunis, and Barcelona.
Things to Do
- Fort Michelangelo & The Historic Port Of Civitavecchia- Built in the 16th century, Fort Michelangelo is enclosed in the historic port and is a must for those disembarking in the cruise port. Visitors can take a nice walk along the new pedestrian promenade circumnavigating Fort Michelangelo. Don’t forget to stop by the Vanvitelli Fountain on your walk!
- Civitavecchia Market & City Center- For some local flavor, visit the San Lorenzo Market located in the heart of the historic city center. Stop by market stalls selling fresh fruit and vegetables and the growing fish market. In addition to market stalls visitors can find bars, pizzerias and shops.
Hotel San Giorgio
Address: Viale Giuseppe Garibaldi, 34, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
Phone: +39 0766 5991
0.2 miles from Cruise Terminal
Address: piano 1, Largo Plebiscito, 14, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
Phone: +39 340 157 6082
0.3 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Visit the archaeological site of the Taurine Baths, once favored by the Roman Emperor Trajan. After your tour, go to the relaxing Ficoncella Thermal Baths to relax in the miraculous waters. There is also a bar, changing rooms, resting rooms, chairs, and sunbeds located at the facility.
- Take a walking tour of Civitavecchia’s Old Town Centre. Follow a route starting at the Piazza Leandra, to see Medieval churches, the 19th century Trajan Theater, and end at the Piazza Fratti full of restaurants, bars, pubs, pizzerias, and a wifi hotspot!
- If not pressed for time, hop on a train, bus, or taxi for a short trip to Rome for a visit to the famous sites of the Colosseum, St. Peter’s Basilica, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and other numerous historical places, along with excellent shopping and dining.
- For nature lovers, follow the coast to the town of La Frasca. This stretch is ideal for snorkeling and is home to a number of fish, shellfish, and mollusks. Opposite is the fantastic pine forest, a perfect place to shelter from summer heat and have an open air picnic with the family.
- Bring the kids to the Aquafelix Waterpark to take a break from the heat. Kids can enjoy water rides while the adults relax by the two large pools.
Soccer, or football as it is called, it extremely popular. Catch a Roma Sports Association club game.
Rome Sport Association (Associazione Sportiva Roma)
Stadio Olimpico: Viale dei Gladiatori, 00135 Roma RM, Italy
Port of Civitavecchia
00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
Follow signs for Bramante (MSC Cruises), Cruise (Costa & Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines), Or Nord parking facilities located inside the Port of Civitavecchia. Shuttle bus service will take passengers to their pier.
Directions From Civitavecchia Train Station
Catch a CSP bus at the front of the station to cruise terminal
Directions From Leonardo da Vinci International Airport, Rome, Italy
- Head east on Via Arturo Ferrarin toward Via Pietro Donà delle Rose-go 102 ft
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn slightly right onto Via Pietro Donà delle Rose-go 472 ft
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Via Leone Delagrange-go 0.1 mi
- Continue onto Via Francesco Paolo Remotti-go 0.2 mi
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the Via Mario de Bernardi ramp to Roma/Austria-go 0.4 mi
- Merge onto Via Mario de Bernardi
- Continue onto A91 (signs for Roma/Aeroporto di Fiumicino) -go 3.0 mi
- Take the E80/A12 exit toward Porto Civitavecchia/Fregene-go 0.6 mi
- Continue onto A12/E80-go 35.5 mi
- Take the Civitavecchia exit-go 0.5 mi
- Merge onto Via Terme di Traiano/SP7b-go 1.4 mi
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Via Gaspare Pecorelli-go 0.4 mi
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the VIa Braccianese Claudia/SP3a ramp to Centro-go 495 ft
- Turn left onto VIa Braccianese Claudia/SP3a-go 0.5 mi
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto SS 1 Via Aurelia-go 85 ft
- Continue straight onto Via Prato del Turco-go 456 ft
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Via del Lazzaretto-go 0.1 mi
- Turn left at Via del Lazzaretto/Raccordo Civitavecchia - Viterbo/E840-go 148 ft
- Turn right onto Raccordo Civitavecchia - Viterbo/E840-go 0.1 mi
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Calata della Rocca-go 0.4 mi
- Continue onto Calata Principe Tommaso-go 240 ft
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit
*Destination will be on the left. Follow signs for parking.
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!