Show Hamburg Sailings
Located next to two seas and crisscrossed by three rivers, the port city of Hamburg has a rich maritime history and has been an important trading hub since the 14th century. Due to its proximity to water, Hamburg is known not only for its fresh fish, but also for its fresh fruit grown just south of the city. Hamburg is a haven for art and music lovers and a great place to absorb culture, boasting over 50 museums, 45 theatres, and 100 music venues. With plenty of green space, historical architecture, and an excellent shopping district, Hamburg should be on every itinerary.
Things to Do
- Altstadt (Old Town)- Situated along the banks of Lake Alster, Altstadt is the old center of Hamburg. Home to the neo-renaissance city hall, walk through the streets filled with old town houses and historical architecture and explore the mercantile culture of the city. If looking for some retail therapy, great shopping can be found along Mönckebergstraße and Spitalerstraße streets. Plus don’t miss Speicherstadt, a warehouse district and a UNESCO World Heritage site while strolling along the canal waterfront.
- St. Pauli Quarter- This culturally rich part of the city is home to a loud and colorful music scene, and is where the Beatles started. Reeperbahn is the historical ropemaker’s district and is lined with restaurants, bars, live music venues, art galleries and theaters. Head to the Landungsbrücken piers along the Elbe and grab a fish sandwich while watching the ships go by.
AMERON Hamburg Hotel Speicherstadt
Address: Am Sandtorkai 4, 20457 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 40 6385890
0.4 miles from HafenCity Cruise Terminal
Address: Rainvilleterrasse 4, 22765 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 40 43216020
1.1 miles from Altona Cruise Terminal
Holiday Inn Hamburg
Address: Billwerder Neuer Deich 14, 20539 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 40 78840
7.3 miles from Steinwerder Cruise Terminal
- Visit the unique Elbphilharmonie, the tallest inhabited building in Hamburg. With its curved glass building atop an old warehouse, it functions as a music hall. Head up to the plaza where visitors can find an observation area with panoramic views of the harbor and Hamburg and a café. Also found here are restaurants, conference area, bars, and a hotel. Enjoy a musical night with dinner first at the Störtebeker Restaurant and then head to a concert in one of the music halls.
- Head to the Rathaus (town hall) where the parliament and senate of Hamburg gather. Built in 1897 in neo-renaissance style, it sits in the middle of the city. Take a tour of the Rathaus staterooms, view historical portraits, and enjoy the architecture. From there, walk the square outside and peruse the small shops, grab a small bite at one of the cafes, and enjoy people watching.
- Take the entire family to the Miniatur Wunderland museum, that features more than 16,135 square feet of miniature models of different areas of the world. With the largest model railway system in the world, kids will love exploring a model of miniature Hamburg, Las Vegas, and Scandinavia with ships that sail from port to port, a chocolate factory that makes real chocolate, and an operational airport. Visitors can enjoy spotting all the details in the miniature model landscapes in this incredibly unique experience.
- Any visitor to Hamburg shouldn’t miss the old Elbe Tunnel built in 1911. When the city expanded south of the Elbe, traffic passing to either side of the city needed an easier route. Going down to a depth of 1,312 feet, the tunnel runs under the Elbe and is open to pedestrian, bicycle, and car traffic. The tunnel is a unique blend of an early 20th century feel with modern technology. Sightseers can enjoy the colorful and decorative glazed tiles that tell the history of Hamburg while strolling through. When traversing from the north side to the south, there’s a viewing platform for some of the best views of the port and historic part of the city.
Hamburger Sport-Verein e.V. (HSV)
Volksparkstadion: Sylvesterallee 7, 22525 Hamburg, Germany
Fußball-Club St Pauli von 1910 e.V. (FC St Pauli)
Millerntor-Stadion: Harald-Stender-Platz 1, 20359 Hamburg, Germany
Alsterdorfer Sporthalle: Krochmannstraße 55, 22297 Hamburg, Germany
Barclaycard Arena: Sylvesterallee 10, 22525 Hamburg, Germany
There are 3 cruise terminals in Hamburg:
Cruise Center HafenCity
20457 Hamburg, Germany
Cruise Center Altona
22767 Hamburg, Germany
Cruise Center Steinwerder
20457 Hamburg, Germany
Parking available at Contipark within walking distance from the HafenCity Cruise Terminal.
Parking available inside the terminal at Altona and Steinwerder.
Directions from Flughafen Hamburg (Hamburg Airport) (HAM) to the HafenCity Terminal
- Head southwest on Flughafenstraße
- Go through 1 roundabout
- Slight left
- Continue straight
- Slight right onto Flughafenstraße
- Use the right 3 lanes to turn slightly right onto Alsterkrugchaussee/B433
- Continue to follow B433
- Continue straight onto Tarpenbekstraße
- Continue onto Lenhartzstraße
- Continue onto Eppendorfer Baum
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Rothenbaumchaussee
- Use the right lane to turn left onto Theodor-Heuss-Platz
- Continue onto Alsterglacis
- Turn right onto Neuer Jungfernstieg
- Turn left onto Lombardsbrücke/Ring 1
- Continue to follow Ring 1
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn slightly left onto Glockengießerwall/Ring 1/Wallringtunnel
- Continue to follow Ring 1/Wallringtunnel
- Continue onto Steintorwall
- Keep right to stay on Steintorwall
- Turn right toward Deichtorpl.
- Turn left onto Deichtorpl.
- Slight left to stay on Deichtorpl.
- Continue onto Oberbaumbrücke
- Continue onto Brooktorkai
- Continue onto Am Sandtorkai
- Turn left onto Großer Grasbrook
- Turn left onto Hübenerstraße
- Turn right
- Turn left
- Destination will be on the right
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!