Show Nice Sailings
Nice, France is a port city located along the coast of the Mediterranean on the French Riviera. Life there happens along the sea, and with great weather and a long coastline, beachgoers flock to the location. Its proximity to Italy means that it is a hybrid of French and Italian culture. In Nice, everything from architecture to dialect to food has been influenced by Italy. It was also a haven for artists like Matisse, Picasso and Renoir and as a result, art museums are plentiful in the city. Visitors can also enjoy traditional French cuisine, but aim for a local Niҫoise street snack like socca or eat a classic salade niҫoise.
Things to Do
- Vieux Nice- Old Town is the historical heart of the city and home to the Cours Saleya flower market and the Palais Lascaris. It is a place for both locals and visitors to mingle and explore the narrow streets filled with small shops and cafes.
- Jean-Médecin-New Town is the quintessential French urban layout. With large scenic streets and beautiful town homes, there’s a certain air of elegance in this part of town. It’s a great place for those who enjoy retail therapy at the many fashionable shops and boutiques. Those who wish for a night out can also enjoy great cuisine in the area, or those with an artistic bent can also visit the various art museums.
Hôtel Le Versailles
Address: 7 Boulevard Princesse Grâce de Monaco, 06230 Villefranche-sur-Mer, France
Phone: +33 4 93 76 52 52
0.9 miles from Cruise Terminal
La Réserve de Beaulieu, Hôtel & Spa
Address: 5 Boulevard du Maréchal Leclerc, 06310 Beaulieu-sur-Mer, France
Phone: +33 4 93 01 00 01
2.4 miles from Cruise Terminal
- For a true cultural experience, visit the Cours Saleya, a flower, fruit and vegetable market. Here, stroll through and enjoy the fragrances of geraniums, mauve fuchsias, dahlias, and impatiens. Not only is this a great place to ask local horticulturists advice, but also sample local vegetables. Shops of truffles and olive oil line the path, and there’s plenty of cafes to stop for a bite to eat, people watch, or sample some wine. The Cours Saleya is a true culinary journey.
- Escape the hustle and bustle of the promenade and head to the park on Colline du Château (Castle Hill) with the remains of an old castle. Climb the steps to the top or ride the elevator up for the best panoramic views of the city and Mediterranean below. Wind your way through the many paths and enjoy shade and a nice sea breeze. A large waterfall offers a great photo opportunity either and the top on a viewing platform or at the base. Grab a snack at one of the cafes or bring a lunch of a fresh baguette and cheese and enjoy green space.
- Take the kids to the Musée de Préhistoire de Terra Amata, or the museum of prehistory. Kids will love exploring the interactive and fun exhibits as they learn about what life was like for the first inhabitants of Nice. There is also a reconstructed prehistoric elephant hunting camp that will fascinate every visitor.
- Don’t miss the Musee d'Archeologie de Nice Cimiez located right on a former Roman site. Exhibits depict objects from daily life for those that lived locally during the Neolithic, Roman, and Medieval eras. See ceramics, glass, coins, jewelry, sculptures, tools and more. The whole family will love to see the ruins of the awe-inspiring Roman amphitheater, baths, and the paved streets of an old early Christian complex.
Allianz Riviera: Boulevard des Jardiniers, 06200 Nice, France
Port de Villefranche Darse
1 Chemin du Lazaret
06230 Villefranche-sur-Mer, France
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!