Puerto Caldera Cruises
Puerto Caldera Cruises
Show Puerto Caldera Sailings
This port city is located near the Gulf of Nicoya and is a very popular cruise stop. Although Puerto Caldera is not known for its entertainment, it is very close to the main cities of Costa Rica like San Jose and Tortuga Island. The port is in Puntarenas province which runs all along the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica and contains some of the country’s best attractions.
Things to Do
- Puntarenas - The old port was first located in Puntarenas but was moved to Puerto Caldera. However, the attractions in Puntarenas are still there, like the aquarium, scenic spots, and restaurants and bars.
Address: El Roble 23, Provincia de Puntarenas, Chacarita, Costa Rica
Phone:+506 2660 1600
5.2 miles from Cruise Terminal
Hotel Mar y Mar
Address: 17, Provincia de Puntarenas, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Phone: +507 447-1000
10 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Take a ferry to Tortuga Island and enjoy the peace of the uninhabited biological reserve. Many tours take boats to the island and give you the opportunity to snorkel, hike, or just enjoy the water.
- Visit the largest city in the country, San Jose. It is also the capital of Costa Rica and as such, you can find history, culture, and local cuisine in every corner.
- A popular destination is Carara National Park, a rainforest in the northern part of Costa Rica full of diverse wildlife. You can observe different types of birds, like the red macaws, if you’re very quiet, and a three-minute drive away is the Crocodile Bridge.
- Jaco is famous for nightlife, beaches, and as a convinient gateway to the nature that surrounds it. The beaches offer waves for the surfers and relaxation for anyone. Apart from Carara NP, very close are the Pura Vida Gardens and the Manantial de Agua Viva waterfall.
Estacion de Puerto Caldera
Address: Esparza, Costa Rica
Parking garage is available a short walk from the cruise port
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!