Show Rotterdam Sailings
Rotterdam is one of the largest ports in the world and is the second largest city in the Netherlands. Located in South Holland, Rotterdam is a city rich in history, beginning from its rise around the 13th century. With the end of World War II, rebuilding began in earnest and the city has a more modern look today with modern architectural marvels, museums, green spaces, good shopping, and an active nightlife.
Things to Do
- City Centre- All the famous landmarks like City Hall and Rotterdam Central Station converge here. Visit the shopping area of Koopgoot, and Markthal for delicious cuisine. The Maritime Quarter is also a must-see with historical buildings, top restaurants, the Wereldmuseum, Het Park, and the Euromast, the tallest building in the Netherlands at over 518 feet.
- Kop van Zuid- Blending old and new- from skyscrapers to old warehouses, visitors will find the Las Palmas photo museum, and the Luxor Theater. This area is also great for architectural buffs to stroll down Wilhelminapier with its many modern skyscrapers and views of the harbor.
Hotel New York
Address: Koninginnenhoofd 1, 3072 AD Rotterdam, Netherlands
Phone: +31 10 439 0500
0.2 miles from Cruise Terminal
Room Mate Bruno
Address: Wilhelminakade 52, 3072 AR Rotterdam, Netherlands
Phone: +31 10 892 9580
1 Minute Walk from Cruise Terminal
- Designed by Piet Blom, the Cube Houses are traditional box houses tilted on a 45 degree angle and built atop pylons meant to represent a forest. Architectural lovers can take a look inside one of these unique houses open to the public or even book a bed or private room for an overnight stay. Nearby Markthal was built to look like a large airplane hangar. Here visitors can not only grab a bite to eat but this area also houses an underground parking lot, apartments, works of art, and market stalls for fresh vegetables, fish, flowers, and other Dutch specialties. It is also an archaeological site for the Medieval village of Rotte where its foundations and artifacts are on display.
- Located just 9 miles east of the city, Kinderdijk is a small village home to the largest number of historical windmills in the world and is a UNESCO world heritage site. Take a tour of the Blokweer and Nederwaard windmills turned into museums and get a taste of what life was like in the 18th century. Also visit the Der Ster and De Lelie windmills that are still in operation, and grind spices and snuff with a shop for its products next door. Then grab lunch at the restaurant De Tuin right on the banks of the local Kralingen Lake.
- The 150 year old Diergaarde Blijdorp (Rotterdam Zoo) is perfect for kids who will enjoy animal encounters and exploration. From the shark tunnel in Oceanium, to polar bears in their ice cave, from giraffes on the Savannah, to the elephants from Asia, kids can see animals in their natural habitat. There are numerous information points where to learn more about the animals and their environment, go on a treasure hunt with Ranger Bob, have fun at one of the indoor or outdoor playgrounds, and visit the souvenir shop.
- Take a day to visit the Rotterdam Museumpark where a large variety of museums are all clustered together in the same area. Visitors can purchase a Museumpark ticket and visit all of them for a reduced price. View works by Van Gogh, Monet, and Dali at Museum Boijmans - Van Beuningen, and then visit the Nieuwe Instituut for everything about modern architecture, along with the space and natural history museums. Several offer children’s activities, like scavenger hunts, a discovery tour, and interactive learning opportunities.
Feyenoord Stadium (AKA De Kuip): Van Zandvlietplein 1, 3077 AA Rotterdam, Netherlands
Stadion Woudestein: Honingerdijk 110, 3062 NX Rotterdam, Netherlands
Sparta Rotterdam BV
Het Kasteel (The Castle): Spartapark-Noord 1, 3027 VW Rotterdam, Netherlands
Cruise Port Rotterdam B.V.
3072 AP Rotterdam, Netherlands
Long term parking available next to the SS Rotterdam turned into a hotel and convention center.
From Rotterdam The Hague Airport (RTM) To Cruise Terminal:
- Take Fairoaksbaan and Bovendijk to G.K. van Hogendorpweg/S112- go 1.8 mi
- Head northeast on Rotterdam Airportbaan toward Gatwickbaan- go 210 ft
- Rotterdam Airportbaan turns right and becomes Rotterdam Airportplein- go 0.1 mi
- Continue straight- go 236 ft
- Continue onto Rotterdam Airportplein- go 0.1 mi
- Continue onto Fairoaksbaan- go 1.0 mi
- Turn right onto Bovendijk- go 0.4 mi
- Turn left onto Van der Duijn van Maasdamweg- go 269 ft
- Continue on S112 to Feijenoord- go 3.4 mi
- Turn right onto G.K. van Hogendorpweg/S112- go 0.7 mi
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Gordelbrug/Schieweg/S112.
- Continue to follow S112- go 1.3 mi
- At Hofplein, take the 2nd exit onto Coolsingel- go 0.5 mi
- Continue onto Schiedamsedijk- go 0.4 mi
- Continue onto Erasmusbrug/S122- go 0.5 mi
- Turn right onto Wilhelminakade- go 0.3 mi
- Destination will be on the right
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!