Show Valparaiso Sailings
Valparaíso is the second largest city in Chile and is just 72 miles northwest of Santiago on the Pacific coast. It is the heart of Chile’s Bohemian culture as evidenced by the importance of the plentiful street art, unique architecture and exciting nightlife. Traversing the city is a little tricky with over 45 steep hills and staircases dot the streets, though quite a few funicular elevators are available to take visitors to the best lookout spots. Book a stay in one of the many boutique hotels, enjoy prime, fresh seafood, and get immersed in the maritime and colonial history of the city.
Things to Do
- Cerro Concepción- One of the many hilltop neighborhoods in Valparaíso, it has a quirky Bohemian character. The streets are lined with colorful houses and it’s a trendy area to grab lunch or a coffee and shop for small handicrafts. From here, there are also excellent panoramic views of the waterfront.
- Cerro Alegre- Another of the hilltop neighborhoods, foodies out there will love the restaurant choices- it is the best place to eat in Valparaíso. This is also a good area to find older houses turned into boutique hotels. Check out some of the best street art murals in the city as well.
Hotel Palacio Astoreca
Address: Monte Alegre 149, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
Phone: +56 32 327 7700
1.9 miles from cruise terminal
Hotel ibis Valparaiso
Address: Errázuriz 811, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
Phone: +56 32 280 2300
0.9 miles from cruise terminal
- Visit Pablo Neruda’s house on top of Cerro Sebastiana, one of the most famous Chilean writers. Inside this now-museum, visitors can see a collection of ship figureheads, glass, furniture from the 1950’s, and artwork by his famous artist friends. Stop at various points on your trek up the hill and up to the house for some of the best views of the harbor below.
- Go out for a night on the town with good drinks and eclectic mix of live music like blues, jazz, rock, salsa, and tango. Bellavista is usually the best area to find bars, restaurants, and nightclubs for all-nighters or go to Lastarria and Yungay for more Bohemian and fashionable bars. The Concepción neighborhood is the home of many famous musicians and visitors will find lots of concerts and live music.
- Go to the Museo Marítimo Nacional to find out more on Valparaíso’s maritime history, most specifically, the War of the Pacific. Exhibits include uniforms, ship’s furniture, swords, navigation instruments, and more. Plus kids will love the canons outside and the model boat room.
- Everyone will love the colorful and unique Museo a Cielo Abierto. It is an open-air museum with over 40 brightly colored murals, they were created by famous Chilean artists. As the largest outdoor art gallery in the country, it celebrates children, religion, and environmental mindfulness.
Club de Deportes Santiago Wanderers
Estadio Elías Figueroa Brander: Av, Francisco González De Hontaneda 1310, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
Valparaíso Terminal de Pasajeros
Nudo Baron Sin Numero
How It Works
Vacationing has never been easier or cheaper with the help of a dedicated travel consultant from AffordableTours.com
Find your perfect trip on our website and simply request a free quote. Need to speak to a live person? Call us 7 days a week at 1-800-627-3753. No robots here!
Dedicated Travel Consultant
Your personal travel consultant will reach out and be your point of contact for your entire travel experience from start to finish. Did we mention you'll be working with an award winning team? Sweet!
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Because we're one of the largest sellers of travel, we're able to give you a discount on your vacation package. No one beats our prices!
Stress Free Travel
Knowing you got the best deal, all that's left is for you to pack your bags and enjoy your vacation!