Things to Do
- La Venezia Quarter- Known as “New Venice” this area is the historical heart of the city and escaped devastation during World War II. It is crisscrossed by multiple water canals and was originally the economic center and the neighborhood for the growing class of rich merchants. Visit the Fortezza Nuova and the Baroque- styled Church of San Ferdinando and grab bite to eat and sip some wine at one of the local restaurants.
- Seafront District- Enjoy the local beach vibe here walking along the Viale Italia. It is a long avenue flanked by the art nouveau villas of the rich and famous. Kids will love the aquarium while the adults will enjoy Terrazza Mascagni, a romantic terrace with black and white tiles that boasts great views of the sea. Those wishing to relax can enjoy the numerous beaches.
Grand Hotel Palazzo Livorno MGallery by Sofitel
Address: Viale Italia, 195, 57127 Livorno LI, Italy
Phone: +39 0586 260836
2.4 miles from Cruise Terminal
Agave in Città
Address: Scali Rosciano, n. 2, 57123 Livorno LI, Italy
Phone: +39 0586 090609
0.8 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Take a tour of a local vineyard and go on a wine and culinary adventure. With wine and food so closely intertwined in Tuscany, it is easy to book a wine tasting along with a cooking class or food tour to sample the local fare. Take in the natural beauty of the area while sipping chianti and eating traditional dishes flavored with fresh olive oil and truffles, or enjoy a spread of cold cut meats and cheeses.
- Hop on to the Montenero Funicular Railway for a fun-filled ride to Montenero, a small, traditional Italian town. Situated on the hills just outside of Livorno, take in the panoramic views of the city and the sea below. Go visit the beautiful architecture of the Santuario della Madonna della Grazie, which houses one of the largest collections of over 600 ex-votive pieces in Italy, many of which are paintings dating back to the early 18th century. Then peruse the market stalls and sit down for a drink or a meal at one of the bars or restaurants.
- Along the Viale Italia, take the kids to the Livorno Aquarium to see the reconstructed marine habitats. It is host to blacktip reef sharks, moray eels, eagle rays, as well as amphibians, reptiles, and insects. History buffs and kids alike will also love the giant four-sided tank with a reproduction of a Roman shipwreck.
- Visit the Natural History Museum of the Mediterranean in Livorno housed inside the 18th century Villa Henderson where kids can enjoy educational activities. No one will want to miss the giant whale skeleton named “Annie.” Complete the visit with a walk through the Botanical Garden on the grounds and watch the stars in the Planetarium.
A.S. Livorno Calcio
Stadio Armando Picchi: 57128 Livorno, Province of Livorno, Italy