Things to Do
- Mayfair- One of the most expensive and exclusive areas of London, it is located next to the well-known Hyde Park. Shoppers will love traversing the famous Bond Street for luxury goods, or visit Savile Row. Enjoy strolling through the streets with elegant houses and perhaps grab a bite to eat at one of the many upscale restaurants.
- Kensington & Chelsea- Mostly a residential area, this neighborhood is home to Kensington Palace, the Natural History Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum. This area is great for going out and experiencing a vibrant nightlife, enjoying world-class music, modern theater, and lots of brunch places. It is also the home of the famous Chelsea Football Club who plays at their home stadium of Stamford Bridge.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dartford Bridge
Address: Masthead Close Crossways Business Park, Dartford DA2 6QF, UK
Phone: +44 1322 284444
12 miles from Cruise Terminal
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Address: 1 Broadway, Bexleyheath DA6 7JZ, UK
Phone: +44 20 8298 1000
15 miles from Cruise Terminal
- Go to the famous National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. It features famous paintings like Botticelli’s “Venus and Mars” and Van Gogh’s “Sunflowers”. It has more than 2300 works on display ranging from the 13th to the 19th century. Make sure and block more than one day for this large museum, and don’t forget a map while walking around.
- Go for a fashionable night out to see a show in the West End theater district. With some of the best talent of locals and the more famous, it is of the highest quality in the U.K. Afterwards, grab a drink at one of the many hotspots in the vibrant nightlife atmosphere.
- Take the kids on a walking tour of all the main sites in London. See Big Ben, the Tower Bridge, and Westminster Abbey. Just a short walk away at Buckingham Palace, kids will love watching the Changing of the Guard ceremony.
- Those who are a little more daring in the family will love riding the London Eye on the River Thames. At 443 feet, it is Europe’s tallest cantilevered observation wheel- often mistakenly referred to as a ferris wheel. Sit back and enjoy some of the best views of famous landmarks in London. Pro-tip: Hop on for a ride at night to see London lit up.
West Ham United F.C.
London Stadium: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 2ST, UK
Stamford Bridge: Fulham Rd, Fulham, London SW6 1HS
Emirates Stadium: Hornsey Rd, London N7 7AJ, UK