Things to Do
- De Pijb- This trendy outlying area grew up in the 19th century and life in the area centers on Albert Cuyp Markt. With plenty of unique shopping at different stalls, it’s also an excellent place to grab a bite to eat like the locals or stick around for active nightlife. It is also the location of the old Heineken brewery and distillery until 1988.
- Oud-Zuid- One of the most expensive and exclusive neighborhoods in Amsterdam, it is a great for art lovers. With many of the world’s best museums, there is no lack of culture. It is also a good place for retail therapy at designer shops and boutiques. Maybe even catch a symphony concert at the Royal Concertgebouw.
Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel
Address: Kattengat 1, 1012 SZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 621 2223
1.4 miles from Cruise Terminal
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Address: Piet Heinkade 11, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 519 1200
Adjacent to the Cruise Terminal
- Visit the Rijksmuseum, the national museum in Holland, where 8,000 pieces tell a story of Dutch history from the Middle Ages to now. Tourists can walk through and view famous works like Rembrandt’s Night Watch, and Vermeer’s The Milkmaid. The museum also includes dollhouses, suits of armor and huge models of trading ships that kids will love.
- No trip to Amsterdam is complete without taking a tour of the Anne Frank House. Once a place where the young diarist Anne Frank and her family hid during World War II before being discovered, the house has been turned into a museum. Part of the house has been set up to look like it would have in Anne Frank’s time.
- Kids of all ages will love the interactive Nemo Science Center where they get to smell, hear, feel and see as they learn about science and technology. All exhibits are hands-on and interactive, and in the laboratory setting, kids get to wear mini lab coats and safety glasses before their “experiments”. Grab a bite to eat and enjoy the views of the city on the roof-top area.
- Through video games and plays, explore the 500 years of Dutch history at the National Maritime Museum. There are various interactive and educational exhibitions for children of all ages. Little ones will love the 18th century replica ship and the Tale of the Whale exhibit.
Johan Cruijff ArenA: ArenA Boulevard 1, 1100 DL Amsterdam, Netherlands