41-day Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage
41-day Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage
Cruise Line: Holland America Cruises
Cruise Ship: Volendam
Departs: Mon, Jan 04, 2021 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Arrives: Sun, Feb 14, 2021 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Dates & Prices
Up to $750 onboard credit (spending cash) per cabin on this sailingMention Promo Code: PC-AT100
Complimentary Shore EventMention Promo Code: PC-45629
|Jan 04, 2021||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida||---||06:00 PM|
|Jan 05, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Jan 06, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Jan 07, 2021||Santa Marta, Colombia||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Jan 08, 2021||San Blas Islands, Panama||12:00 PM||06:00 PM|
|Jan 09, 2021||Cruising Panama Canal||---||---|
|Jan 09, 2021||Enter Panama Canal Cristobal||05:00 AM||05:00 AM|
|Jan 09, 2021||Exit Panama Canal Balboa||07:00 PM||07:00 PM|
|Jan 10, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Jan 11, 2021||Quito, Ecuador||05:00 AM||08:00 PM|
|Jan 12, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Jan 13, 2021||Callao, Peru||04:00 PM||---|
|Jan 14, 2021||Callao, Peru||---||---|
|Jan 15, 2021||Callao, Peru||---||06:00 PM|
|Jan 16, 2021||General San Martin, Peru||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Jan 17, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Jan 18, 2021||Matarani, Peru||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Jan 19, 2021||Iquique, Chile||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Jan 20, 2021||Antofagasta, Chile||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Jan 21, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Jan 22, 2021||San Antonio (santiago), Chile||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Jan 23, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Jan 24, 2021||Isla Robinson Crusoe, Chile||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Jan 25, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Jan 26, 2021||Castro||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Jan 27, 2021||Puerto Chacabuco, Chile||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Jan 28, 2021||Chilean Fjords||---||---|
|Jan 29, 2021||Scenic Cruising Amalia Or Brujo Gla||---||---|
|Jan 29, 2021||Scenic Cruising Sarmiento Channel||---||---|
|Jan 29, 2021||Strait Of Magellan||---||---|
|Jan 30, 2021||Cockburn Channel||---||---|
|Jan 30, 2021||Beagle Channel||---||---|
|Jan 30, 2021||Punta Arenas, Chile||07:00 AM||08:00 PM|
|Jan 31, 2021||Scenic Cruising Glacier Alley||---||---|
|Jan 31, 2021||Scenic Cruising Cape Horn||---||---|
|Feb 01, 2021||Ushuaia, Argentina||06:00 AM||08:00 PM|
|Feb 02, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Feb 03, 2021||Antarctic Experience||08:00 AM||06:00 PM|
|Feb 04, 2021||Antarctic Experience||08:00 AM||06:00 PM|
|Feb 05, 2021||Antarctic Experience||08:00 AM||06:00 PM|
|Feb 06, 2021||Antarctic Experience||08:00 AM||06:00 PM|
|Feb 07, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Feb 08, 2021||Port Stanley, Falkland Islands||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Feb 09, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Feb 10, 2021||Puerto Madryn, Argentina||08:00 AM||05:00 PM|
|Feb 11, 2021||At Sea||---||---|
|Feb 12, 2021||Punta Del Este, Uruguay||08:00 AM||03:00 PM|
|Feb 13, 2021||Montevideo, Uruguay||08:00 AM||06:00 PM|
|Feb 14, 2021||Buenos Aires, Argentina||08:00 AM||---|
Hygiene and Safety Protocols
The following policies have already been implemented across all Holland America's entire fleet:
Timely safety and hygiene communications
- Guests will find information in the daily program and on their stateroom televisions.
- Tips displayed on onboard digital screens throughout the ship.
- Daily announcements by the Cruise & Travel Director.
Restaurants, bars and lounges
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are in high-traffic locations, including all entrances to all dining rooms and the Lido Market.Guests will find information in the daily program and on their stateroom televisions.
- Lido Market hand sanitizer stations are staffed to prompt guests to either use the sanitizer or use the available hand washing stations.
- All food service stations, including Lido Market, will be staffed. Any self-serve areas that remain, such as condiment set-ups, will be monitored by dedicated personnel. All serving utensils in self-service locations are replaced every 30 minutes.
Housekeeping for staterooms and suites
- Stateroom surfaces and fixtures are thoroughly cleaned up to twice daily with particular attention to bathrooms, handles, and frequently touched surfaces
- Oxivir solution is used as a secondary sanitation method on all touch points after each stateroom is serviced.
- All guest corridors including handrails, elevator buttons and stateroom door handles are frequently sanitized.
- A nightly deep cleaning and disinfection process for all highly-trafficked public areas using foggers, including: all restaurants, the fitness center, spa, Lido deck areas, promenade, casino, medical center, public restrooms, lounges, bars, lobbies, elevators, atrium, youth activity centers, arcades and all crew public areas.
Guests with flu-like symptoms
- Any stateroom of a guest displaying flu-like symptoms will receive additional deep cleaning.
- All bed linens, table cloths, towels, napkins, etc. in the affected room will be laundered in a high-temperature sanitation wash and dry program.
Life on Board
Questions & Answers
Question: When should I arrive at the port?
Question: How can I communicate with my family and friends at home when I am on the cruise?
Similar Itineraries Other Travelers Liked
|Sail Date||Cruise Line||Ship||Length||Price|
|Jan 04, 2021||Holland America||Volendam||41||$6,099|
Booked our cruise with our consultant Autumn . She was very helpful answering all our questions. She save us several hundred dollars from the price given by the cruise line. In addition she secured extra on-board credits for us. We will defiantly contact her in the future for our travel needs.
The cruise was fine, but I hated the nickel/dime approach. Just put the "service charge" (tips) into the fare. Internet service was ridiculously expensive, as were on-board phone calls.
A fabulous trip. No surprises - which is always good. Any traveler booking side trips would be well advised to check out reviews. Some guides are good. Some are not very knowledgeable. The scenery was amazing nevertheless..
The cruise line 'Holland America' is fab. Also, just the very location.....Alaska and the inside passage....make it hard not to have a great experience.
Our travel consltant at AffordableTours.com was extremely helpful during this booking process. There was a lot of paperwork involved in this particular trip, especially pertaining to visa applications, time changes for flights, hotel bookings and land transportation. His expertise on these matters was certainly appreciated. We will definitely deal with AffordabeleTours.com again and our future trips.
Thoroughly enjoyed 'Volendam'.Top mix of pax. Crew excellent. Shows initially very poor but improved. Coffee terrible.I & other guests complained about the cocktails. Mostly water. Ran out of certain wines & lagers. Pinnacle Grill was excellent. Visited 4 times! We love cruising.
I should have considered staying in Australia longer. I also found out that I could have stayed for an additional 9 days in Australia and come back on another Holland America ship. Otherwise I enjoyed the trip greatly.