Things to Do
Places Of Interest
- Waterfront Area- Dubbed Europe's happiest city, stroll through and enjoy the newly renovated waterfront area along the Limfjord. Previously the industrial part of the city in the 1980’s, it slowly began to be transformed into the cultural quarter. Experience a cozy atmosphere sitting along the steps to people watch, take in modern architecture at the Utzon Center and House of Music, and then eat a bite of street food at a café or enjoy a great view from a waterfront restaurant.
- Coastal Aalborg- Visitors can experience the care-free atmosphere on the coast of Aalborg. Enjoy kid-friendly beaches with calm waters, great fishing, nature hikes, and mountain bike trails, or even play a round of golf. For those wanting to commune with nature, visit Lille Vildmose, a little wilderness just outside the hustle and bustle of the city with fun for the whole family. Tour the eagle simulator, see little animals in the nature workshop or run around the natural playground at the Lille Wildlife Center. There’s also plenty of shopping in the little coastal towns along the way.
Radisson Blu Limfjord Hotel, Aalborg
Address: Ved Stranden 14-16, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Phone: +45 98 16 43 33
0.7 miles from Royal Cruise Berth
Comwell Hvide Hus Aalborg
Address: Vesterbro 2, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Phone: +45 98 13 84 00
1.6 miles from Royal Cruise Berth
- Viking history enthusiasts should head to Lindholm Hoeje where they can walk through the preserved Viking burial site of over 682 graves and 150 stone ships as well as the remains of the small settlement nearby, dating from around 700 to 1200 AD. At the museum nearby, relics recovered from the site are on display and visitors can see exhibits depicting daily of the Vikings through reconstructions, panoramas, illustrations, and 3D animations.
- Experience the growing culinary scene in Aalborg where there are eateries for every discerning palate, from modern Danish, to Asian, to French. Especially along the waterfront, foodies will find a wide variety of restaurants with a view. Book a beerwalk through some of the more famous pubs in the city and taste specialty microbrews at each. Or simply sit and people watch while sipping coffee at one of the cafes along the way.
- Take the entire family on an adventure north to Skagen- the farthest northern point of Denmark. Famous as the city with the most hour of sun in Denmark, it is also the place where two seas meet and tourists can stand with one foot in one sea and one foot in another. White sand beaches are everywhere and the kids will enjoy the Skagen Grey Lighthouse- Center for migratory birds where they can take a virtual flight, and learn about all the birds who migrate through the area. Visit the Skagens Museum which features a collection of masterpieces painted by masters who lived in one of the most famous artist colonies in Scandinavia during the 19th century.
- The younger crowd will enjoy the Aalborg Zoo with over 100 different exotic animals, kids will get an educational experience. Learn how the animals adapt to their environment and watch baby animals. Find the rare sloths in the South American house as they climb above or see polar bears, red pandas, and even giraffes. It is the only place in Denmark to see African elephants, orangutans from Borneo and Asian lions. Bring a picnic lunch to enjoy in the barbecue area or on the lawn.
Nordjyske Arena: Harald Jensens Vej 7-9, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
Bentax Isarena: Willy Brandts Vej 31, 9220 Aalborg, Denmark