Things to Do
Surrounding Areas Of Interest
- Canterbury- Visit the busy market city of Canterbury, one of Great Britain’s Heritage Cities and the birthplace of Christianity in England. See the famous Canterbury Cathedral, a UNESCO Worland Heritage Site, or the even older St. Augustine’s Abbey just outside the city wall. Along King’s Mile, those wishing for some retail therapy can stroll through boutique shops, and cafes. Tour through the Canterbury Roman Museum for a look into its ancient history, or catch a game of cricket at Kent County Cricket Club.
- Sandwich- Enjoy a stroll through Sandwich, "one of the most well-preserved medieval towns in Britain.” Head to the Market Square and see the Guildhall dating from 1579, and tour through its museum to view its original 14th century copy of the Magna Carta and the Charter of the Forest from 1271. Climb up the stairs to the tower at St. Peter’s Church for great views of the town or explore the site of the Richborough Roman Fort. For those wishing for more outdoors activity, stroll the garden paths at The Salutation, take a cycling tour through town, or play a round of golf nearby.
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
Address: Waterloo Cres, Dover CT17 9BP, UK
Phone: +44 1304 203633
0.9 miles from Cruise Terminal
Address: Unit 8 St James St, Dover CT16 1QD, UK
Phone: +44 871 984 6532
1.1 miles from Cruise Terminal
- No trip to Dover is complete without first visiting the White Cliffs of Dover. Enjoy beautiful cliff top walks which with panoramic views of ships and ferries going by, encounter lots of wildlife and unique plants, and explore numerous walking trails. Don’t forget to take a tour through the World War II Fan Bay Deep Shelter tunnel complex and the Victorian South Foreland Lighthouse with tea room.
- Foodies will enjoy the local farm to table options in Dover. Just opposite the town hall, stop in The Allotment for an intimate lunch, afternoon tea, or dinner at one of the best dining spots in Dover. Here you can sample local fish and meat with fresh herbs from the surrounding garden. Enjoy the regional wine and then stroll through the garden. Visitors also love to visit the café, country store, and cider factory in one at Cider Works where they make their own cider from their own orchard. If seafood and ambiance are important head to Cullins Yard where the old ship repair yard has been converted into a premier seafood restaurant with great views of the marina.
- Take the whole family on a trip to the Dover Museum that has a range of models and pictures showing the history and archeology from the Stone Age to the 20th century. Walk through the gallery where the Dover Bronze Age Boat is on display. At 3500 years old, it is the oldest known seafaring boat in the world and one of the most important discoveries. Kids can interact with exhibits, computers, and microscopes to learn more.
- Kids will love a day trip to Dover Castle and large surrounding area with over 2000 years’ worth of history. Take a tour through the Great Tower, dating from the 12th century. It is filled with interactive exhibits and special audio-visual effects to better portray the world of King Henry II as you tour through the authentically-furnished castle tower. Also experience the guided tour through the secret wartime tunnels nearby that tells the story of the British rescue and evacuation of Dunkirk in 1940. Kids and adults alike will enjoy high-tech effects and film footage that bring this operation to life.
Crabble Athletic Ground: Lewisham Rd, Dover CT17 0QJ, UK