Hygiene and Safety Protocols
Your Health Is Our Priority
Travel with Confidence
AffordableTours takes your health and well-being very seriously, which is why we partner with cruise lines who have elevated and introduced hygiene and safety protocols to ensure everyone on your cruise is safe and remains healthy. We have all adapted to this new world, where it is important for us to take additional hygiene measures. In addition to the measures taken by our partners, we ask that you please take personal responsibility for your well-being as well. This begins with packing any necessary equipment such as santizers, masks, or anything else you require. Please be sure to follow physical distancing and hygiene practices while you are on your cruise and follow all health instructions from the cruise lines. Let's help keep each other safe and healthy. See below each of our cruise line's plans to keep you safe on your cruise:
- Azamara Cruises
- Carnival Cruises
- Celebrity Cruises
- Celestyal Cruises
- Costa Cruises
- Cunard Cruises
- Disney Cruises
- Holland America Cruises
- Hurtigruten Cruises
- MSC Cruises
- Norwegian Cruises
- Oceania Cruises
- Paul Gauguin Cruises
- Ponant Cruises
- Princess Cruises
- Regent Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Cruises
- Scenic Cruises
- Seabourn Cruises
- SeaDream Yacht Club
- Silversea Cruises
- Star Clippers Cruises
- Viking Cruises
- Virgin Voyages Cruises
Azamara takes your and our crew’s health and well-being very seriously, which is why there are many protocols and procedures which have been elevated and introduced to ensure we keep everyone onboard healthy including:
- Implementation of travel restrictions preventing guests and crew coming from or transiting through areas of high risk of infection/exposure from boarding a vessel.
- Performing enhanced screening at the embarkation port
- Providing hand sanitizing gel at boarding and throughout the voyage in all public areas and encourage guests to sanitize often.
- Access to a 24-hour medical facility onboard with a doctor and nurses ready to provide medical care.
- Working with our tour operators to sanitize transportation vehicles and provide Purell wipes for all guests.
Azamara is currently laser-focused on additional safety enhancements for our return to service. To develop Azamara's future boarding screening process and updated health protocols, they are collaborating with government health authorities, the Cruise Lines International Association, and a team of medical experts.
In addition to Carnival's existing rigorous daily cleaning regimen and standards, Carnival has established additional sanitation/disinfection/cleaning measures:
- More frequent sanitizing of tables, chairs, menus and other surfaces in restaurants and bars before use.
- More frequent open deck sanitation of sun loungers, outdoor furniture, mini-golf, sports equipment, handrails, etc.
- Additional sanitizing of frequently hand-touched surfaces in all public areas and lounges, all restaurants, lobbies, elevators, handrails, public phones, counters, public displays, medical centers, gangways, casino chips, games, slot machines, fitness machines, children’s toys, and security screening equipment, among others.
- Wherever possible, staff is serving guests at food stations, including the Lido buffet and ice cream machines. Where not possible due to layout restrictions or other locations such as condiment set-ups and salsa bars, dedicated personnel are posted to monitor these stations and service and ensure they are cleaned and sanitized in a timely manner. In any self-service areas that remain, serving utensils are replaced on a more frequent basis.
- Stateroom surfaces and fixtures are thoroughly cleaned up to twice daily with particular attention to bathrooms and surfaces frequently touched. All guest corridors including handrails and stateroom door handles are frequently sanitized. During instances that guests display flu-like symptoms, the stateroom will receive additional deep cleaning.
- Hand-washing sinks and/or hand sanitizing applications are available at the entrances to all dining rooms and the Lido buffet. A roster of guest communications detailing proper hand-washing techniques are visible throughout the ships and reiterated by staff and officers onboard.
- Additional hand sanitizers/dispensers have been placed in highly trafficked locations where there may not be hand-wash sinks available.
- The temperature in the ships' washers and dryers has been increased for enhanced disinfection of laundered goods, including bedding, tablecloths, towels, napkins, etc.
- At night, a deep cleaning and disinfection process is conducted utilizing electro-static applications through specialized machines in highly-trafficked public areas (including all restaurants, the fitness center, spa, lido deck areas, promenade, casino, medical center, public restrooms, lounges, bars, lobbies, elevators, atrium, youth activity centers, arcade and all crew public areas).
Carnival's onboard Medical Centers are staffed to handle a wide variety of staff and crew medical situations. Any guest or crew member who exhibits symptoms of influenza or upper respiratory infection with fever is strongly encouraged to visit the medical center for a complimentary medical consultation.
Disney has a comprehensive plan that outlines protocols for managing illness and closely follow the guidance of public health officials. In light of COVID-19, Disney Cruise Line is operating at elevated cleaning and sanitation levels. Among the procedures currently in place include:
- Training for all of Disney's Crew Members on how best to prevent the spread of illness on board.
- A health screening completed by all Guests and Crew Members to check for illness before they board the ship.
- Extensive cleaning and sanitation of high-traffic areas (e.g., handrails, doorknobs and elevator buttons) and children’s facilities.
- Cleaning of all staterooms twice a day and additional disinfection when necessary.
- Discontinuing self-service at buffet locations.
- Regular communication with Guests and Crew Members regarding how to prevent illness.
- Hand-washing stations and sanitizing wipes conveniently located throughout the ships.
- Medical clinics on ships staffed with experienced doctors and nurses and stocked with supplies and medications to treat a variety of illnesses.
The following policies have already been implemented across all Holland America's entire fleet:
Timely safety and hygiene communications
- Guests will find information in the daily program and on their stateroom televisions.
- Tips displayed on onboard digital screens throughout the ship.
- Daily announcements by the Cruise & Travel Director.
Restaurants, bars and lounges
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are in high-traffic locations, including all entrances to all dining rooms and the Lido Market.Guests will find information in the daily program and on their stateroom televisions.
- Lido Market hand sanitizer stations are staffed to prompt guests to either use the sanitizer or use the available hand washing stations.
- All food service stations, including Lido Market, will be staffed. Any self-serve areas that remain, such as condiment set-ups, will be monitored by dedicated personnel. All serving utensils in self-service locations are replaced every 30 minutes.
Housekeeping for staterooms and suites
- Stateroom surfaces and fixtures are thoroughly cleaned up to twice daily with particular attention to bathrooms, handles, and frequently touched surfaces
- Oxivir solution is used as a secondary sanitation method on all touch points after each stateroom is serviced.
- All guest corridors including handrails, elevator buttons and stateroom door handles are frequently sanitized.
- A nightly deep cleaning and disinfection process for all highly-trafficked public areas using foggers, including: all restaurants, the fitness center, spa, Lido deck areas, promenade, casino, medical center, public restrooms, lounges, bars, lobbies, elevators, atrium, youth activity centers, arcades and all crew public areas.
Guests with flu-like symptoms
- Any stateroom of a guest displaying flu-like symptoms will receive additional deep cleaning.
- All bed linens, table cloths, towels, napkins, etc. in the affected room will be laundered in a high-temperature sanitation wash and dry program.
Be assured that Hurtigruten always follow all safety guidelines as recommended by the Norwegian government. One reason for this confidence in us is because we already have exceptionally high hygiene procedures in place:
- As normal service resumes, Hurtigruten will be reducing the overall number of guests on ships, giving you plenty of space around you when aboard.
- In Hurtigruten's roomy restaurants, they are adding more seating sessions so that there will be fewer people having their meals there at any time.
- Instead of self-service buffets, the chefs will serve food directly to your individual plate.
- The kitchen will continue to uphold its usual high standards of hygiene and quality.
Strict cleaning practices on board
Count on us to already have a range of strict cleaning practices on board, with the cleanness of each ship also continuously monitored. Regular microbiological samples are taken and sent off to laboratories for testing and they use UV light to check surfaces in cabins, galleys and public areas.
Independent inspectors are invited to conduct scheduled and unannounced visits to all the ships several times a year. The excellent hygiene on board the ships is not something they leave to chance. It is the result of effective controls that have proven themselves time and again over decades of safe sailing.
In addition to this,
- Each ship will have a new team dedicated to ensuring communal areas are continually cleaned and disinfected.
- There will be limited use of saunas, swimming pools and gyms.
- Hurtigruten will also have appropriate markings on the ships to help keep a safe distance from others whenever queuing on board.
Staff and your well-being
- They have all recently completed the WHO’s official COVID-19 course for hygiene procedures and infection management.
- Before starting work, every member of the crew undergoes a health check.
- They have thorough first-aid training and can quickly contact healthcare professionals should any medical need arise.
MSC has historically maintained high hygiene standards on all their ships, with rigorous cleaning and sanitisation prior, throughout and at the end of each cruise. We have further enhanced these procedures both with respect to public spaces as well as guest cabins and crew accommodations.
High traffic areas on ships are frequently sanitised with thorough cleansing and using a hospital-grade disinfectant. Key areas, which include public venues and toilets, are sanitised hourly and undergo a fogging process at night.
Guest cabins are cleaned twice a day. Once in the morning with thorough cleansing and wiping using a hospital-grade disinfectant and a further second cleaning for the most exposed surfaces, including telephones and remote controls, in the afternoon.
One of the best ways to stay healthy is to keep your hands clean. Handwashing stations and hand sanitisers are widely available around the ship. MSC has increased the availability of hand sanitiser stations and enforce hand cleansing at all onboard food and other venues.
All MSC Cruises’ ships are equipped with a well-resourced Medical Centre that is supervised by the ship’s doctor and other medical personnel and which provides a range of medical services for everyone on board.
MSC's medical staff are fully qualified and experienced medical professionals who all follow World Health Organization COVID-19 Recommendations for Healthcare Providers, as well as the recommendations of various health authorities.
Guests who suffer from flu-like symptoms are obliged to stay in their cabin and should contact the onboard Medical Centre as soon as possible. MSC's professional medical team will take care of them there and follow a clear protocol.
FOOD HYGIENE PRACTICES STANDARDS
Guests should wash their hands before entering any of the onboard food venues. There are handwashing stations and sanitiser at the entrance and exit points, with dedicated personnel to ensure that as guests utilize them.
ENTERTAINMENT RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- There is frequent cleaning and disinfection of all recreational equipment, toys, games and Kids’ Club facilities (after every use), plus frequent open deck sanitisation of outdoor furniture, sports equipment, pool and aquaparks.
- Spa and gym facilities are sanitised after every use.
CREW MEMBERS PRACTICES STANDARDS
- MSC ensures that all crew members follow strict health and safety preventive measures.
- Crew members undergo a daily health check by the medical staff, and if any symptoms, they are not allowed to have any interactions with Guests.
- Crew members follow proper hand washing practices before, during, and after work duty, and wear protective garments, if required.
Norwegian us going the extra mile to ensure your safety on board and on shore. With Norwegian's Peace of Mind, you can cruise safely with enhanced health and safety protocols and flexible booking. Feel Free to change plans as needed and feel confident knowing that Norwegian is looking out for your health and safety.
Norwegian has been working closely with the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) and are adding stringent protocols, strategic application and supporting innovation to meet and exceed their standards once those have been finalized by them. The below are the safety measures Norwegian will immediately be implementing fleetwide, with more in development.
ALL-NEW AIR FILTRATION
Installation of medical-grade air-filters, H13 HEPA, that remove 99.95% of airborne pathogens across Norwegian's entire fleet to ensure the air you breathe is clean.
ENHANCED SCREENING PROTOCOLS
All guests will undergo an enhanced pre-embarkation health screening, and those considered at risk will undergo additional screening. Additionally, all crew will undergo extensive screening prior to embarkation and constant monitoring throughout the voyage. Touchless temperature checks and continuous monitoring of guests and crew throughout the voyage will help identify potential health issues, offering an additional layer of prevention and protection.
INCREASED SANITATION MEASURES
All ships are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to every voyage in accordance with company protocols, which are developed in partnership with CDC's Vessel Sanitation Program. Embarkation terminals will be sanitized continuously, and, where possible, fogged before and after each embarkation and debarkation. Further, all staterooms, suites and public areas will be cleaned, sanitized and disinfected at an increased frequency, and including the use of Electrostatic Spray Technology.
RESPONSIBLE SOCIAL DISTANCING
To provide even more space for responsible social distancing, guest capacity on board will be reduced. Staggered embarkation and online check-in will be implemented for proper social distancing. In addition, Norwegian is committed to reducing capacity in all public areas throughout the voyage.
ENHANCED MEDICAL RESOURCES
Onboard medical centers will be fully equipped with the latest testing kits and medical supplies. Norwegian is also increasing the medical team fleetwide. Additionally, each ship has dedicated isolation accommodations should the need arise.
EXTENDED SHIP TO SHORE SAFETY
- Norwegian is partnering with local destinations and tour operators to ensure their industry-leading health and sanitation protocols extend to the shoreside experience.
- Norwegian will only visit safe, open ports of call which may cause changes to your itinerary. Keeping the guests up-to-date with the latest confirmed changes impacting their itineraries is a top priority.
Oceania Cruises is working hand in hand with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and federal governments globally to develop, implement and continually evolve industry-leading standards that will meet or exceed all requirements once those have been finalized by them. This current outline of standards covers all aspects of onboard and shoreside operations to ensure the continuous well-being of guests and crew.
CONTINUOUS SHIP-WIDE DISINFECTION & DAILY FOGGING
Oceania's 24/7 prevention schedule will feature continuous disinfection of public areas and high-traffic touch points as well as daily fogging of all staterooms, suites, public spaces, and guest corridors. The fogging process utilizes a hospital-grade oxidant that is natural, safe, and non-toxic. Guest staterooms and suites will receive intensive microbial disinfection daily, which includes fogging of the entire space inclusive of bathrooms and closets.
ALL NEW HOSPITAL-GRADE AIR FILTRATION SYSTEM
New, upgraded HVAC systems will incorporate the latest advances to be superior to those found in land-based resorts. Each ship will utilize fresh-air induction and be equipped with the highest-tier HEPA 13 hospital-grade filters for all accommodations and public spaces.
NO-TOUCH FOOD SERVICE
No-touch food and beverage service is being implemented across all ships with service staff stationed ship-wide, including Terrace Café, Baristas, Horizons, and the Executive and Concierge Lounges. Of course, all guests will be required to engage in frequent handwashing and hand sanitizer will be prominently placed and easily accessible throughout the ship.
INCREASED SOCIAL DISTANCING
To provide even more space for responsible social distancing, Oceania Cruises has reduced shipboard guest capacity. Reduced seating in entertainment venues, smaller group sizes for shore excursions, culinary classes, and onboard activities, along with increased spacing in dining venues, provide for effective social distancing practices.
THE HIGHEST STANDARDS FOR STAFF & CREW HEALTH
A healthy staff and crew help ensure healthy guests. Constant monitoring of staff and crew health includes testing of crew members, temperature checks multiple times per day as well as rigid sanitation and hygiene protocols.
ENHANCED MEDICAL TEAMS & HEALTH SERVICES
Oceania is expanding their medical teams to provide an industry-leading Medical Staff-to-Guest ratio on board each of their ships. Enhanced onboard medical centers are abundantly stocked with common prescription medications, remedies, and the latest virus-testing equipment. All medical centers will have the ability to perform FDA- and CDC-approved PCR Point of Care testing. Complimentary consultations and treatments are provided for respiratory illnesses and each ship is equipped with dedicated isolation accommodations should the unlikely need arise.
DEDICATED PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER
Each ship will have a dedicated Public Health Officer on board, responsible for the oversight of all sanitation and outbreak prevention initiatives. Additionally, they will monitor the day-to-day cleanliness of all public areas and accommodations, maintaining compliance with the CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program. They will work hand in hand with the ship’s medical team on board as well as the corporate Public Health and Medical departments shoreside.
Your Health Ashore
Oceania is partnering with local destinations and tour operators to ensure industry-leading health and sanitation protocols extend to the shoreside experience. Embarkation terminals, tour coaches, and the attractions Oceania visits must meet or exceed the stringent protocols they employ on board to ensure the continued health and safety of the guests and crew.
PONANT is collaborating with the IHU (Institut Hospitalo-Universitaire) Mediterranee Infection of Marseilles, one of the World's leading centers in the field of infectious diseases, as well as with the Battalion of Marine Firemen of Marseilles. PONANT is also the only expedition line to apply to Bureau Veritas Safeguard status, a label which certifies the efficacy of the health protocols. The updated guidelines developed by PONANT is based on health standards that exceed international regulations.
In addition to strict cleaning procedures advised by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), implementation of social distancing requirements and enhanced employee training, PONANT’s new measures include:
- Prior to boarding, all guests and crew members will have to present a signed doctor’s *medical form, complete a health questionnaire and undergo a health check and screening by the ship’s medical staff.
- All luggage will pass through a disinfecting zone by sanitizing mist or UV lamps.
- Surgical and cloth masks, disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer bottles will be provided to passengers.
- 100 percent fresh air in staterooms, through non-recirculating air conditioning systems. Ventilated air will be renewed in the common areas at least five times per hour.
- Restaurant layouts have been redesigned and will only offer contactless a la carte dining options.
- Public spaces, such as the fitness room and theater will be capped at 50 percent occupancy.
- Hourly disinfecting of high-touch points, such as door handles and handrails, with EcoLab peroxide, which eliminates 100% of germs and bacteria
- Crew members are required to wear a mask or protective visor when in contact with guests. Guests will be asked to wear a mask in hallway corridors and will be recommended in public spaces.
- Thanks to large investments over several years, PONANT has some of the most complete and renowned onboard medical centers in the world of cruising. Each vessel is equipped with advanced hospital equipment, including mobile laboratory terminals that enable testing on site for infectious or tropical diseases. Advanced diagnostic equipment such as ultrasound, radiology and blood biological analysis is available fleet-wide, one doctor and one nurse are present on every sailing.
- All ships will have five vacant staterooms should guests need to isolate.
- Zodiacs will be thoroughly disinfected after each stopover.
- Re-boarding after shore excursions will only be permitted after temperature check and disinfection procedures (individuals and personal belongings).
Princess is actively working with public health officials and medical experts in an effort to do everything possible to prevent illness, including COVID-19, onboard Princess ships. Here are some actions that Princess is taking to ensure our guests can sail confidently and safely with Princess.
Princess is constantly monitoring the global health map and cancel or modify itineraries to impacted areas. Princess also prevents guests and crew who have recently traveled through these high-risk locations from boarding.
Enhancing Health Requirements
Princess will deny boarding to guests and crew if they:
- Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.
- Are suffering from a fever or flu-like symptoms prior to embarkation.
Stepping Up Screenings
At embarkation, Princess will require all guests and crew to participate in mandatory health screenings, which may include a thermal scan to check temperatures, and in some cases secondary screenings. Depending on the results, Princess will deny certain individuals boarding if they feel they could pose a risk to others.
Enhancing Sanitation Procedures in Embarkation Terminals
Enhancing Sanitation Procedures in Embarkation Terminals Beginning in select terminals on March 7, 2020, highly touched surfaces throughout each embarkation terminal will be sanitized continuously, and terminals will be thoroughly sanitized and, where possible, fogged before and after each embarkation and debarkation.
In addition to the rigorous daily cleaning regimen they already have, Princess is establishing additional sanitation measures on all of their ships, which include sanitizing frequently touched surfaces in all public areas – from tables and chairs to casino chips and fitness machines – even more often than they did before.
Free-flowing Hand Sanitizer
Princess already has hand-washing sinks or hand sanitizer dispensers in front of entrances to all dining venues and the buffet. Crew will monitor entrances to all venues to encourage all guests wash their hands before entering. Princess is also adding additional hand sanitizer dispensers in high-traffic areas around the ship.
Keeping Crew Healthy
Each day, Princess is raising awareness daily of how to maintain a healthy environment on board by reinforcing frequent hand-washing, avoiding hand contact, reporting guests who present signs of illness and more. Princess will also more actively enforce crew hand-washing and provide more hand sanitizers in crew areas.
Revising Medical Protocols & Staying Prepared
Every Princess ship sails with a highly capable medical team that will receive special training for COVID-19. Any guest or crew member who exhibits symptoms of respiratory illness will strongly be encouraged to visit the Medical Center for a complimentary consultation and, if appropriate, screening for COVID-19.
24/7 Monitoring and Preparedness
Princess' team monitors world health developments from state-of-the-art Fleet Operations Center in Santa Clarita, California, and offices around the world 24-7. Princess is also in close contact with major health agencies, medical experts and partners in the travel industry so Princess can act quickly to revise plans and protocols as the situation evolves.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises is working hand in hand with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and federal governments globally, to develop, implement and continually evolve industry-leading standards that will meet or exceed all requirements for health and safety protocols once those have been finalized by these authorities. These protocols will cover all aspects of onboard and shore-side operations to ensure the continuous well-being of their guests and crew. Regent is also putting in place a council of leading experts in health and safety to provide ongoing guidance for improving their health and safety measures.
SANITIZED & CERTIFIED VIRUS-FREE SHIPS
All ships are disinfected, evaluated, and certified as virus-free when they re-enter service. This service is performed by Sabre BioResponse, the world leader in decontamination services.
CONTINUOUS SHIP-WIDE DISINFECTION & DAILY FOGGING OF ALL SUITES AND PUBLIC SPACES
Regent's 24/7 prevention schedule will feature continuous disinfection of public areas and high-traffic touch points as well as daily fogging of all suites, public spaces, and guest corridors. The fogging process utilizes a hospital-grade oxidant that is natural, safe, and non-toxic. Guest suites will receive intensive microbial disinfection daily, which includes fogging of the entire space inclusive of bathrooms and closets.
ALL-NEW HOSPITAL-GRADE AIR FILTRATION SYSTEM
New, upgraded HVAC systems will incorporate the latest advances to be superior to those found in land-based resorts. Each ship will utilize fresh-air induction and be equipped with the highest-tier HEPA 13 hospital-grade filters for all accommodations and public spaces.
DEDICATED PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER
Each ship will have a dedicated Public Health Officer on board, responsible for the oversight of all sanitation and outbreak prevention initiatives. Additionally, they will monitor the day-to-day cleanliness of all public areas and accommodations, maintaining compliance with the CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program. They will work hand-in-hand with the ships’ medical team on board, as well as the corporate Public Health and Medical departments shore side.
Regent constantly monitors the global health map and cancel or modify itineraries to impacted areas. Regent also prevents guests and crew who have recently traveled through high-risk locations from boarding.
EXTENSIVE PRE-EMBARKATION HEALTH SCREENING
All guests will undergo extensive pre-embarkation health screening.
SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE CHECK-IN
Once it is time to start your voyage, Regent has designed an enhanced, staggered embarkation and check-in process for proper social distancing that also includes new state-of-the-art touchless temperature screening. Embarkation terminals will be sanitized continuously, and terminals will be thoroughly sanitized and, where possible, fogged before and after each embarkation and debarkation.
NO-TOUCH FOOD SERVICE SHIP-WIDE
No-touch food & beverage service is being implemented across all ships with service staff stationed ship-wide, including Coffee Connection, Pool Grill and all restaurants and lounges. Of course, all guests will be required to engage in frequent handwashing and hand sanitizer will be prominently placed and easily accessible throughout the ship.
INCREASED SOCIAL DISTANCING THROUGH REDUCED CAPACITY
To provide even more space for responsible social distancing, Regent has reduced shipboard guest capacity. Reduced seating in entertainment venues, smaller group sizes for shore excursions, culinary classes, and onboard activities, along with increased spacing in dining venues, provide for effective social distancing practices.
PARTNERS IN PREVENTION
Regent is partnering with local destinations and tour operators to ensure industry-leading health and sanitation protocols extend to the shoreside experience. Embarkation terminals, tour coaches, and the attractions Regent visits must meet or exceed the stringent protocols they employ on board to ensure the continued health and safety of their guests and crew.
THE HIGHEST STANDARDS FOR STAFF AND CREW HEALTH
A healthy staff and crew helps ensure healthy guests. Constant monitoring of staff and crew health includes testing of crew members, temperature checks multiple times per day as well as rigid sanitation and hygiene protocols.
ENHANCED ONBOARD MEDICAL TEAMS AND HEALTH SERVICES
Regent is expanding their medical teams to provide an industry-leading Medical Staff-to-Guest ratio on board each of their ships. Enhanced onboard medical centers are abundantly stocked with common prescription medications, remedies, and the latest virus-testing equipment. All medical centers will have the ability to perform FDA- and CDC-approved PCR Point of Care testing. Complimentary consultations and treatments are provided for respiratory illnesses and each ship is equipped with dedicated isolation accommodations should the unlikely need arise.
Everything Royal Caribbean does, onboard and on land, is about safeguarding the guests and crew. Royal Caribbean ships provide a worry-free vacation! Here are some steps we are taking to ensure we keep you healthy. Royal Caribbeany has developed a comprehensive plan to respond to COVID-19 situations, just in case. Preparedness is key! If someone should fall ill or display symptoms while sailing, Royal Caribbean has rigorous protocols in place, including intensified cleaning, air filtration, and sanitizing procedures and medical isolation. Each ship has reviewed their inventory and are all well-equipped with supplies and personal protective equipment, such as masks and medicine.
REDUCED TRAVEL TO IMPACTED COUNTRIES
Along with a team of medical experts and guidance from health organizations, Royal Caribbean is monitoring the situation and either canceling or modifying itineraries to impacted areas.
ENHANCED BOARDING SCREENING
At the pier, all guests participate in mandatory screenings that include exclusion due to travel based on temporary restrictions and even a thermal scan to check everyone's temperature. Some guests may be subject to a secondary review. Dependent of screening results, some guests may be denied boarding to ensure Royal Caribbean is keep their ships healthy and safe.
HEIGHTENED SANITATION AT CRUISE TERMINALS
Before and after all sailings, the cruise terminal is thoroughly sanitized. And, boarding, each ship undergoes deep sanitation using industry-standard cleaners proven to combat bacteria & viruses.
ADDITIONAL SANITATION SAFEGUARDS ONBOARD SHIPS
With the guidance of the World Health Organization and U.S. Centers for Disease Control, all ships across the entire Royal Caribbean International fleet have elevated sanitation procedures. Key areas, which include public venues & restrooms, are sanitized approximately every 30 minutes.
HAND SANITIZERS EVERYWHERE
One of the best ways to stay healthy is to keep your hands clean. So, Royal Caribbean has increased the availability of hand sanitizer stations and continue to enforce hand cleansing at all food venues onboard. Hand sanitizers are effective against a broad number of pathogens, including Coronavirus COVID-19.
ENHANCED MEDICAL PROTOCOLS
Royal Caribbean has rigorous medical protocols in place to help those who aren’t feeling well, like complimentary medical consultations for guests with fever or flu-like symptoms, medical isolation when warranted, and intensified ship cleaning, air filtration, and sanitization procedures.
Guest staterooms are thoroughly cleaned twice a day. During instances that guests display flu-like symptoms, their stateroom will receive an additional deep-cleaning.
DAILY HEALTH UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENTS
During each sailing, the Captain makes two announcements each day to remind guests to wash their hands often, use recommended coughing etiquette, and to report any high fever or flu-like illness symptoms immediately.